• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed Question

There are loads of breeds with uppy ears, so you would have to look at those, but the most common is probably cross breeds?

They don't have an uppy eared version, but if you go to the BRC (British Rabbity Council) website and look at the breed standards, all the ones without lop in their name have uppy ears, that might show you some of the different types.

They don't have an uppy eared version, but if you go to the BRC (British Rabbity Council) website and look at the breed standards, all the ones without lop in their name have uppy ears, that might show you some of the different types.

All right, thanks.. just really want to know what Gho's breed is, the nurse says she's a lop, but she doesn't have downy ears!

i was told kirby is a lion-lop but i dont know what he is... hes only got a very tiny mane and his ears always stick straight up.

Honestly? He looks like a throw back nethie, or some sort of nethie crossed with something like a mini rex. He is unlikely to be a pure breed (unless the breeder was very unlucky with his/her litters) and is most likely to be a cross of some sort.

Honestly? He looks like a throw back nethie, or some sort of nethie crossed with something like a mini rex. He is unlikely to be a pure breed (unless the breeder was very unlucky with his/her litters) and is most likely to be a cross of some sort.

Who Gho?
She's deffinitely not a nethie :lol:

If you're talking about Kirby, i'd just say a lionhead, not lionlop :)

Having ears up is the natural form of rabbits.
Wild rabbits have them, almost all rabbit breeds have them.
Lop-eared rabbits are only a few breeds, and if anything they are the "freaks" because you don't see rabbits like that in the wild.
A lop with bad ear-position (usually mixbred) may get ears up as well.

I'm talking about Gho.

What you have to remember is what is called a nethie is the show qaulity rabbit. I have a pure bred nethie who looks nothing like a show quality nethie and weighs nearly 2kg. He is not over weight, he is healthy, and he looks not that dissimilar in shape from Gho. Like I said though, there could be mini rex in Gho, or he could just be a product of several crosses.

would you believe Oggie is english / dwarf lop :lol: :lol: sometmes his ears do just kinda fall a little but apart from that you wouldnt know he is part lop :lol:

Charlie's a lionhead lop with stupid tufts of fur and ears that go up and down :D

But his sister from the same litter had uppy ears the entire time, but she was still a lionhead lop. Same witht he bunny I was looking after (I believe it to be related to him), it had tufts of lionhead hair on its head, but had uppy ears.

Back