• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think they want to be house bunnies???

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
My girls are outdoor bunnies and they love their house and run on the deck - regularly out before i feed them in the morning, and snuggle up in bed during the day. But i regularly bring them into the house to run around and play and they really love that too. they binky around and climb all over the furniture, cuddle up to people and flop out a lot.

Today it was kinda sunny and a bit warmer for once so i thought "horray, they can finally go on the grass" so i put them out in their grass run (one of those big metal ones on zooplus) with toys and tunnels.

The first thing they did was escape :)oops: my mistake!). Once i had found them and put them back in the run, they nibbled grass for about 1 minute and have spent the rest of the afternoon snuggled up together in their house.

I thought they would enjoy the grass and the exercise, but apparently not. Does this mean they dont really like being outdoor bunnies? Or is it just that its still a bit cold and damp to enjoy it? I am hoping to make them indoor bunnies for next winter (from sept onwards) but cant do that until then. Will they enjoy being outside when it gets warmer? they can still come in regularly i just dont want them to be bored or miserable!

It may be the time of day when you put them out - mine are outside free-ranging (in the day) and tend to sleep during the day but become lively late afternoon...

:lol: bless them

They never were bunnies that would run around in the runs :? They used to just laze around in the tunnels :lol:

Do they run around in the run attached to their house? Or do they just laze around in there? xxx

:lol: bless them

They never were bunnies that would run around in the runs :? They used to just laze around in the tunnels :lol:

Do they run around in the run attached to their house? Or do they just laze around in there? xxx

i quite often find them sitting around on the "furniture" out there and if i put new toys or food in there they'ss run around exploring and getting it out, but otherwise no they just sleep in their bed! :lol::lol:
i just think its interesting that they "do" a lot more when they are inside? perhaps they'll get bored of that too when they've been in enough?? just dont know how to entertain them? Indi especially is a bit too smart and wont touch anything that isnt food - i.e. no interest in willow balls or wooden chews!

Back