• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding the older generation of buns...MORE PICS

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Bit like Darby and Joan maybe?

Well today I have started a bonding for a lovely couple. They have been looking for a suitable lady for their old fella Alex (9yrs old) for a while now and have come up trumps by taking on Lucy (8yrs old) from a rescue centre near Watford.

She is a gorgeous madagascar lop and he's a splendid Dutch x (with a rex I think).

So far so good - she's been flopping out all over the place, but Alex is a bit reserved at present. He has had previous EC so we are having to go very gently - the last time someone tried to bond him he got an attack and suffered a head tilt.

Both are chomping away on the hay and seem very comfortable together - just like a pair of elderly hoomins maybe - just grateful for the company at their time of life. Hopefully this will blossom wildly in the next couple of days and they'll be proper loved up!

More photos in due course.

:D

IMG_4571.jpg

Last edited:
What a lovely pair, hope it all goes well

Thank you Janice.

I do hope that this works out for the buns. They are just sittin' and 'snoozin' at the moment and don't see at all concerned about there being another bunny right next to them.

We can but facilitate hey! :D

Sounding good!...bless them,I'd love to bond my old Bugsy boy ,hes about 8 years old and never had a friend but hes not neutered and the vet won't do him.:cry:

Well, it didn't take too long before these two found comfort with each other. This was because I approached and they felt that it was 'safer' or 'nicer' to be together. Hopefully it's a good sign.

It's never over till it over hey?

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

Nice to see them bonding, always that first bit of chasing each other that so hard, until they settle... :):):)

That's the thing - we've had no chasing at all yet. They just don't look like they can be bothered and would rather just be friends. Hope they don't change their minds at 2am in the morning:lol:

Aww they look very cosy together - good luck for tonight xx

Thank you Caroline - methinks it might be a proper nights sleep for me rather than sitting up till the wee small hours. I'll be up late anyway as I am using my artistic talents :lol: to do my display boards for next week!

Back