• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions Please-Bunny Relationships

When to Try to Bond Hal ......

• Try bonding now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait til Niamh has been rehomed

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I am thinking of trying to bond Hal with the Petshop girls.
Now one of the girls (Niamh) has a forever home to go to, along with one of her bruvs (Liam). Should I hold off trying to bond Hal in til Niamh and Liam go to their Forever Home ? Or would you try the bonding now in the full knowledge that in a few weeks Niamh will be taken out of the group (should the bonding work)

I have always said that I would never try bonding Hal again after numerous disatrous attempts always resulting in an already nervous Hal becoming very distressed (anorexic and GI Stasis on one occasion :cry:). Its just that Hal has been living nextdoor to the Petshop Girls and he really interacts with then through the dividing partition .............:?

What do you think ?

I would bond as soon as Niamh goes out to her new home. That way she doesnt get stressed twice and Liam goes straight from one partner and meets the next.

I think I'd wait as it might be too unsettling for Niamh with so many changes within a few weeks. Also I think the other little girl would be more likely to be submissive to him if she goes with him on her own rather than with a partner in crime, especially if he's a nervy bun. Hope that makes sense!. :D

Last edited:
I'd wait too. :)

In my own experience of Trio's they don't seem to notice so much when a member leaves the group but I don't feel it would be fair on Niamh to go through a bonding and then a rebonding in the space of a few weeks.

I let my trio of babies have regular playtime with Neville (who'll they'll eventually live with full-time when they move outdoors in spring).

They never went through a normal bonding...Neville has always pretty much ignored them because they aren't either sexy or a threat (yet).

Personally I'd try bonding them (or at least introducing them) before the hormones start raging.

Back