• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do :(

Elimy1987

Warren Scout
I can't believe im having to write this to be honest but im stuck in a situation. Well I have the most lovely rabbits in the world who i love to death my lil Honey and Smokey, but ive now found out im pregnant and me n my now fiance are going to get married (his in the army) his based in Germany now and il be moving out there with him. As for the buns i dont think its fair flight wise and im not too sure if i can take them. I know my parents and brothers would look after them but as for money wise i know a baby already is going to be my priority and i dont think id be able to support both plus need to arrange the marriage. Im having to consider giving them away, at the moment they are living in a 6ft x 6ft shed. Im really not sure what to do it wont have to be for a while but i just wanted anyones suggestions as to what to do.:cry::cry: I want to know for sure if i do have to give them to someone they will be very well looked after and I can find out how they are possibly visit them when I come to the U.K

There has been a bun on here that have flew from new zealand!

If thats one main reason then i think the flight would be ok....if its the money then i really dont know and totally sympathise with you....i would be devastated if i had to give up my boy.

Sorry i also forgot to add that when we do get accommodation its the ones that the army provide apparently they are really nice flats and im not too sure if im aloud to bring them. I just feel so guilty and am really ashamed having to even write this :(

Find a rescue center, pay them some sort of $$ for vet care, so the bun is always your, that way. They becomes resident bunny in that rescue center and you can go back and visit your bun when you visit your relatives yearly.

I would check if they are allowed, if not then im afraid it may be a rehome....you know that folk here would find a good home for them, you could even offer their existing shed with them, which might help with any costs.

As far as I know your will be allowed to take your babies but the cost may be another thing. You should get your other half to make enquirys. we recently adopted a rabbit and i have a toddler and hope to try again for a baby and honestly I dont notice any major difference in our budget, as we buy veg anyway and the rest we buy in bulk. depends on how long you will be away we have a lovely lady who does long term boarding up here but again it may come down to money.
If you do end up putting them up for adoption at least yor being sensible and thinking about it now, so it gives you time to look for that perfect loving home.
There not giants are they (hint hint) :lol:
Congrats on the pregnacy what a magical time :love:

Personally I would take them with me :oops: Sorry I know that's no help! I just feel strongly that while I appreciate situations change, even if I had children my pets would come too because I made that committment to them. I would do every thing I could to try and take them with me!

Personally I would take them with me :oops: Sorry I know that's no help! I just feel strongly that while I appreciate situations change, even if I had children my pets would come too because I made that committment to them. I would do every thing I could to try and take them with me!

I totally agree, just hope something is worked out so the buns can go.

Yeah im gonna get him to find out about the accomodation and if we are allowed to bring them he only went Germany yesterday so will have to get him to look into it. If not im gonna try keeping them at my house and get my parents and bros to look after them i really don't want to have to move them on cause they are mine and i want to keep them that way plus Germany should only be a max of 2 yrs i think

My sisters friend had a similar problem with her dog....Her dad was posted to Oman in Saudi and they couldn't take her (for a start she's a Burmese mountail.....so HAIRY!!) In the end they managed to get a relitive to look after her for the 2 years. Apparantly she went mental when they got home.
Hope you manage to sort something, It would break my heart to give mine up.
(oh....congrats on being pregnant!)

Congratulations on your baby!

I checked into bringing my rabbits into Germany from the US. It was fairly simple. I think all they needed was a health certificate. Unfortunately, for the rabbits and our bank account, we were stationed in England instead. It was a bit of a hassle but we did fly our buns over. They were mildly stressed but since I flew them all in one crate, they had eachother and handled it fine. I also checked into housing with the RAF and they did allow pets so I would imagine that the army would too. Maybe you could have your family look after your bunnies until you get settled and then decide whether or not to bring them over. You have alot of stressful changes going on in your life right now so take care:)

Amythyst managed to take her buns and piggies from England to Spain and now they are in the US. One of the lovely ladies who has adopted from ARC a few times over the years recently contacted us to see if we were happy to take her buns with her to France to live as her husband was being relocated.

I also agree with this. I couldn't even think about leaving them behind.

Back