• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No longer such a fattie!!

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Blue's been on a strict diet for the past 4 months or so cause he was a bit on the podgy side :oops:
Took him to the vets yesterday for his VHD and had him weighed.......he's lost 0.6 kilos!
I know it doesn't sound like much but is about 10% or so of his original body weight....go Blue!!
Just need to loose about the same again and he will be a healthy size.
Feel kind of bad that I let him get to the stage of having to go on a diet but at least he's getting better now.
Anyone else got a dieting bun?

Thats good well done Blue :) My buns on a strict diet he's put on alot of weight recently so he's now having Excel lite and no treats he's not happy about it but he needs to lose weight its very hard when he sits and begs for a treat makes me feel guilty.

Blue's exactly the same. Goes mental everytime you go into the kitchen cause he thinks he's going to be fed. He's on excell lite too, and he only gets an egg cup full for the whole day. Split it into morning and evening though so he deosn't get croos!
He always has heaps of hay available too so I get he eats that.
The way he carries on though you'd think I starved him!

Winston was told to lose weight to try and ease pressure on sore feet (if dont know why then look on our page www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com pics of his bad feet etc) Anyway he lost 200g in first 2 weeks (he tells this in his own words on Our diary on page) He now weighs 2.92kgs was 3.6kgs
Angel went along for ride and has been like yo-yo put on take off put on take off, shes now too under weight and has been ordered to fatten up she weighs 2.84 was 3.34 about 3 weeks ago originally 4.? im bit worried about her as she has been pinhing Winnies food gets more than him anyway (shes bigger) and her ribs spine is sticking out, back in fortnight to see how shes doing she was severly under weight when we first got her she wouldnt eat proper for 4 weeks.
But well done Winnie he only had to get to 3kgs hes done mint and even being pinching treats for himself out of his treat box cheeky buggar

Have they been wormed? Worms can cause an increase in appitite but a decrease in weight. Has she seen a vet about it?
Love the page by the way....I'm getting the book for my birthday :D

('Would you mind sharing some of your mint Winston....Mum's rubbish and killed mine :roll:' - Blue)

Back