• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbits

Are rabbits that are kept entirely in the home happy? I'm thinking of getting a pair but my garden is spoken for by my existing 2, it wouldnt be fair to make them share it now. Would they be bored/depressed being inside all the time?

They can be entirely happy indoors as long as they get enough space to run around etc. You might grow a little grass in a pot or something to give them something to nibble on.

Rabbits can lead happy lifes inside and out. There are rabbits in rescues have been in a inside environment all there lives so someone who can adopt a pair to live inside is fab for these bunnies. Perhaps ask if any rescues have any indoor pairs near you. :D

I have an indoor boy, he seems happy enough, but would like a wife, so a indoor pair would be great.
They are wee rascals though, so dont leave anything about that you dont want chewed up (like remote controls etc!!) lol

I have an indoor bunny, and she is happy.

She always on the floor with us having kisses and cuddles, running around the front room and up and down the hallway.

Sometimes she comes in the kitchen to see why we are taking so long with her dinner:roll:

She has a 42" dog crate in the front room which is her space.

She comes up on the sofa for cuddles and just lays there.

At least in doors you know they are safe and sound and can see straight away if sickening for something:D

There just like having kids running around the place:D

mine are happy inside... they refuse to go out for more than 30 mins when i open the door for them :D

Yes, my 2 are pretty happy indoors I think - judging by the mega binkies Gretel has done tonight anyway!

As has been said though they can wreck your house so you need to think carefully about where they are going and what they have access to! Plis I am constantly hoovering!

Reckon there's some lovely indoor pairs on here who would be very happy living indoors with you!

Hmm i can see this from both sides as i haveboth indoor and outdoor :?

Lottie used to be a single house bunny, she used to have free range of the lounge and was very happy. It broke my heart to put her outside, but i felt once she was bonded it wouldnt be fair to keep 2 buns in such a small room (14ft square)

However... seeing her outside now with George, she is MUCH happier :love: They have a 6ft hutch, with a 9ftx6ft run attached.

I do have house buns at the moment though, which seem happy :) xXx

Lily has been a house bun since she was a baby and she seems to be happy enough..she has run of the whole of downstairs and we have a 6ft indoor hutch that she lives in aswell..she loves it :)

Paddy used to be an outdoor bun but when we rescued him we bought him inside and he is slowly getting used to the new sights and sounds and is really well litter trained and seems happy.

Lots of binkys from the both of them :)

At the moment though we have to rotate free range time as they aren't bonded yet and haven't met yet! :lol:

House Rabbits

Both of mine have always lived indoors. We only have a fairly small two bed house and they have the hall as 'their room' and they go in their at bedtime! The rest of the time they have free range and are very happy. They actually have more space to run around than if they were outside! I am happy because they are warm and I know they are safe.

We have had a learning curve with bunny proofing - there are nibbles on the edge of a doorframe, a few frayed edges and a bald patch in the living room carpet and the sofa covers will never be the same! Wires are a big thing to be aware of and i don't think there there is a wire in our house not coated in fuse tape!!! But as they've got older, it's hardly ever.

They have tons of toys and I'm always making new playcentres and corners for them with cardboard boxes, etc. Just keep them occupied and they'll be fab! :bunny:

I think my buns love living inside, they always seem happy. Its great them just running about the house :D they do enjoy being out in the garden but its too cold for them just now.

Boris appears to love it inside,but he does enjoy going out in the summer and nibble some grass (also had a go on my mother's tulips :shock:). He won't go anywhere near a wet lawn though and he can't stand rain :lol: I think a bit of both is best for him but of course it depends on the bunny :)

Back