• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fixing water bottles driving me mad!!!!

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Does anyone else have water bottle problems? mine are driving me mad!!!:x

I have sheds and wendyhouses so they have to be fixed inside rather than through the wire mesh. any ideas how they can be fixed to the wall easily.

At the moment i have screws in the wall with garden wire wound around but they are hard to get in and out and fall out if you loosen them.

i once saw those elastic coil attachments in a book but can't find them anywhere!

One other moan!! they drip constantly! i bought the ezzi filler ones but the piggies wont use them so have to use the normal ones!

any ideas??? I would be really grateful!xx

I use bowls in my sheds as the bunnies prefer then, but I have used bottles in the past.

This is how I fixed them but I don't know if it will make sense.

I used 4 screw in eyes, the sort you put in the end of net curtains. 2 either side of the bottle about 2/3 of the way up the bottle and the other 2 either side of the top of the nozzel fitting. This means the bottom pair are closer together than the top pair.
I then use the wire that comes with the bottle to go on the top pair of eyes and use garden wire to go through the bottom set. Ther bottom of the bottle will then sit on the garden wire and the main wire will stop it from falling forwards :D

I hope thats nice and clear :roll::lol::lol:, It is really simple just sounds complicated

Thats the sort of thing i have tried but just used screws instead of curtain eyes, i think the curtain things would work better!thanks

they annoying thing about those wires that come with the bottles is.....
they only just fit around the bottles:censored: why not make them a tiny bit longer!!!!

thanks for the suggestions though x

I use bowls in my sheds as the bunnies prefer then, but I have used bottles in the past.

This is how I fixed them but I don't know if it will make sense.

I used 4 screw in eyes, the sort you put in the end of net curtains. 2 either side of the bottle about 2/3 of the way up the bottle and the other 2 either side of the top of the nozzel fitting. This means the bottom pair are closer together than the top pair.
I then use the wire that comes with the bottle to go on the top pair of eyes and use garden wire to go through the bottom set. Ther bottom of the bottle will then sit on the garden wire and the main wire will stop it from falling forwards :D

I hope thats nice and clear :roll::lol::lol:, It is really simple just sounds complicated

I bought myself two savic water bottles from pets at home:
http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-savic/product-is-21910
http://www.savic.be/DetAnimal.asp?group=Small%20Animal&fam=Drinking%20Bottle&product=Drinking%20Bottle
As you can see it is designed for a cage but the bottle fits in any direction so can be pointed outwards. Instead of using the bolt and clip that it comes with I just drove a screw through the bolt hole in the plastic bottle holder and into my hutch. My only issue was that one clip didn't hold it very securely (maybe because I took the label off the bottle it kept slipping through). So what I did was to put some duct/duck tape all around the bottle and use fix both of the clips to hold a single bottle. Now it holds it nice and securely and I swap which bottle is used each day

Hope this helps :)

I'd highly recommend these glass bottles - LINK

They come with a spring for the top and a little metal cradle for the spout end. You can twist the spout round so the flat back of the bottle is against the shed wall. Best of all is if tightened properly they don't leak. You should be able to twist the cradle so you can screw it to the wall and put either two cuphooks and bend them with pliers or a couple of eyelet ones already bent and just clip the spring on.

The only trouble is my two won't drink out of a plastic bottle now because they've had a taste of the high life with proper glass. :lol: They have two back up plastic bottles inside their kennel and all they do is ignore one and rip the other one of it's hook and throw it round in the night. I managed to fasten them up with a large cuphook in a corner and a wire cradle I'd twisted out of garden wire.

p.s. The bottles have a cute little plastic duck in them that indicates the water level. I'm highly amused by little attentions to detail like that. :lol:

Last edited:
Back