• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i seperate...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Bailey and alyssa have been together since end nov ish.

they still chase a fair bit (probably an hour or so in ever 24) maybe not that much.
Alyssa nips bailes bum and back end, and he has some scabs... not sure if these are from the cage if he catches himself when he charges round.
he seems himself and really happy.
Alyssa grroms him allot and vice versa... theyve just been grooming eachother and snuggling for ages...

but its these scabs from the nipping... i can't get my mind off... she takes chunks of hair out of him too...
:?

Miffy nips and chases Vinnie when i go into feed them but her and Claude used to do it to each other, the only difference Vinnie doesnt ever do it to her ive never noticed scabs on him though

My two did this for a while, i think it was still Ghostie's hunger to be the dominant one.
They have completely stopped now.
By snuggling and grooming obviously shows they're content.
If one seems obviously unhappy then okay, or if injury occurs.

How much space do they have? Can they see/smell other rabbits?

I'd be inclined to restrict their space again for a few days to see if you can consolidate the bond.

hmmm...sorrel and apache still chase sometimes and they've been together since summer....they don't nip though.

i don't know if that was any help, sorry :oops:

they're in a 36 inch dog crate... we tried to give them more space and that didn't work, i don't want to keep them any smaller as they don't sit seperate that sort of thing.

i think any smaller than 36 inch is abit too small.

they are indoors, and were going to be freerange...

there are no other buns inside and i try to feed etc before i go out to the other buns. i also limit my time with these two so they don't fight over me x

Back