• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soap/handwash?

drboo

Mama Doe
Hi :wave: this might be a daft question but does anyone's bunnies react to them differently depending on what they have used to wash their hands? Thanks.

I haven't noticed anything - the only time there's any difference is if I go out there smelling of any type of food and haven't washed my hands. Alfie and Bubbles go mad, trying to find out where I've hidden the food that they can smell. :lol::lol:

What does Fiver do?

Recently he seemed abit scared at times when I went to lift him out of his hutch. Also, sometimes he runs over to me for a noserub, but sniffs and runs off. I think he is a "Dove" man, and not an antibacterial handwash man :lol: - its the only thing I can think of that changes :? :wave:

PS. Thanks for your reply :wave:

Yep - we have different soaps in the loo & the kitchen. They don't mind the kitchen one but run away from my hands if I've used the other one.:roll:

Yes definately!! Mine seem to have very sensitive noses. If I forget to re-rinse the soap smell off they run and hide for ages same as if I start cooking or walk into the room with my dinner!!

Not handwash, but smells on my hands still.... I'd been collecting my tomatoes last year and my hands smelled of the leaves (they're really smelly) - went to stroke the buns and Nibbler attacked me! Washed my hands and he was ok - tried rubbing the leaves on me again and same effect (although i stood back a bit)!!!

Back