• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a rabbit / It's gone home!

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Looks so much like my Charlie so probably from the same place.
Can't tell its gender but its necks all bald, any idea what it could be?
It's settled, had some hay and I gave it a tiny amount of pellets to nibble on.
Seems happy and flopped straight out :D So it's here for the night

Last edited:
possibly mite related? or injury hard to know without seeing the rabbit. make sure you notify rspca hotline and local vets in case someone is searching for their lost pet(like i was) and put up posters locally dont put a description just rabbit found that way people who think it may be theres can contact you. good luck in finding its owners. xx

Do keep it away from your bunnies and wash hands thoroughly in between handling
Is it back of neck that is bald or front? If back probably mites/lice..if front could be a pregnant doe pulling out nesting fur:shock:..lets hope not

Well done for taking it in..keep us posted:D

Keep it away from your own rab/s? Could we have piccies? :D

he's in a different room from Charlie :)

We're gonna search for the owner tomorrow (was found in a back alley so we'll check that street first)
I was thinking mites, but its not sore or anything and the bunny is so friendly, so we don't want to stress it out by holding it to look any more. And I think it was glad to have some hay and a nice house, happy flops :love:

Do keep it away from your bunnies and wash hands thoroughly in between handling
Is it back of neck that is bald or front? If back probably mites/lice..if front could be a pregnant doe pulling out nesting fur:shock:..lets hope not

Well done for taking it in..keep us posted:D

Have been :D Read enough on here to know it (so this forum is helping this bunny!)

it's the front of its neck...aah that could be fun :shock:

could also be a phantom pregnancy or stress related as bun cant find its way home?

Hopefully :D
Just I know someone round here breeds rabbits as we found a baby one before, so I don't doubt other people do it.
What do you look out for if they're pregnant?
It seems very calm and relaxed now :)

its had a little bowl of pellets (didnt wanna give it to many incase they upset its stomach) and a bit of a drink. Can go to bathroom fine and everything so doesn't seem ill :) Just the baldness on neck and it looks like there's some fur missing on the front feet.

heh don't think so! someone must be missing it, apart from the bald bits its lovely and soft and groomed, and so friendly and happy

Awww, I hope someone is missing him/her and they are reunited soon. Only if it's a good home that looks after him/her, though.

If it was mites, would it look sort of scabbed over?
Coz where the fur is missing looks fine, just bald :roll: but the skin looks healthy enoough

when my simba has mites his skin goes red and has flaky white bits in his fur and fur comes out... his ears usually start going scabby too.

Hope you manage to find its home especially as it appears to have been well looked after other than escaping

If it's on the neck and front paws it could be dental or even respiratory related, either from discharge/dribbling or self-harming.

If you can, I would say get the bunny vet checked.

If it's on the neck and front paws it could be dental or even respiratory related, either from discharge/dribbling or self-harming.

If you can, I would say get the bunny vet checked.

It can eat okay and it's been chewing some toilet rolls, so I think its teeth appear to be okay. Its breathing is okay but it could still be that, if it doesnt find its home I'll try get it to PDSA

Also...what do I do if no owner comes forward?
Mam went to Tesco and was talking to a friend in there and one of the other men in there said that they'd seen it hanging about round there, so it's been living outside for a few days at least with no sign of anyone looking for it

Here's the bun!

LGIM0095.jpg

LGIM0096.jpg

Back