• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breed/sex character traits, are there any?

Captainsfluff

Warren Scout
hi, i have a mini lop, male, named captain.he is very confident, laid back, loves fuss, he is quite demmanding, and very docile.

I have read about other peoples rabbits and lots of mini lops sound as though they have similar personalities to my captain.

Does anyone think certain breeds have sterotypical traits? Does anyone think different sexes within these breeds define the buns character to any extent?

Would love to hear about your buns and opinions

hmmnot sure, i think all buns are different but it is possible to have two lionheads or lops with the same personallity, i've only owned lops and ted was my first lionhead so i couldn't really say if their all similar or not. petal is very sweety and would kiss you and just enjoys your company. ted likes being on her own but does enjoy a massage behind the ears when she feels like it, she's rather lie beside you for company but wouldn't want petted. their all different we things.

I have read that Lionheads are very friendly laid back rabbits and this is the case with Lola. She is also very curious (nosey).

Havent read what others are like but Charlies verrry friendly, likes cuddles, loves to lay in bed with you, but also nosey and likes to find new places to hide :roll:
he's a lionhead lop :D

Last edited:
lol see i wouldn't say ted was all that friendly at times, she is food aggressive and would often thump her feet at me :lol:

lol see i wouldn't say ted was all that friendly at times, she is food aggressive and would often thump her feet at me :lol:

could this be the difference between male and female lion heads? I have found my male rabbits to be friendlier than female rabbits i have had. My nethie lad was very timid however, but did like fuss. Both my dutch males were very friendly and cheeky. I had two females when i was alot younger that were very territorial and didn't like being handled much, one was a chinchilla and i think the other was a cross. they had come from a home that had become over run though and were almost never handled. Another female cross i had was very nervous and became trritorial and aggressive when unsettled.

Last edited:
Havent read what others are like but Charlies verrry friendly, likes cuddles, loves to lay in bed with you, but also nosey and likes to find new places to hide :roll:
he's a lionhead lop :D

captain loves to lie in bed with me too. it gets rather testing when you are trying to sleep and he keeps nudging for more face rubs though! :lol:

My lionheads are all different, and I'd had 4. Minnie was very laid back and cheeky, Nibbles is a little diva and is a bit of a psycho, Wookie is VERY soft, dippy and soppy. He's very loyal like a dog too. Wuzzle is a hyper naughty grumpy little man.

My 2 proper lops have been very dippy though, and Wookie is half frenchie so I suppose that explains his dippyness.

Nethies are fiesty little horrors though :lol: Nibbles is part Nethie. The smaller the bunny, the more satanic!!

[/QUOTE] My 2 proper lops have been very dippy though, and Wookie is half frenchie so I suppose that explains his dippyness.

Nethies are fiesty little horrors though :lol: Nibbles is part Nethie. The smaller the bunny, the more satanic!![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol: I hadn't heard about frenchies being dippy. Maybe the small nethie bun thing is like small dogs, they get short man syndrome and make up for it with a snappy front :lol:

Back