• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reported neighbours bun to RSPCA.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
HI folks.

For a few days now I have had concerns about a rabbit. Bun is a huge black/white bun, and is kept in tiny cage about twice his size. The bottle is green mouldy and the cage is open to the elements, no cover from wind, rain or snow. Its never covered even during the coldest of nights. Its in there everytime I pass and I cant bear it any longer.

I have rang the RSPCA this morning and reported it. My friend lives on same street so I spoke to her to get the address and postcode and she said they have been reported many times for not looking after animals.

I will keep you posted. My heart breaks everytime I go past and see this whopper rabbit in this crappy little cage!

Actually I tell a lie.

I phoned them...........................and wrote to the Inspector based at our local branch! Just in case!!!!! Evil laugh.......................:evil:

i once reported a bunny a couple of years ago,they had gone away and not bothered to sort any care out for it:evil:, so i rang the rspca they came out and put a notice on the hutch said they had to leave it a week to see if anybody came back?!well they didnt, so they came back and took the bun, i rang them to see if i could adopt her only to be told that they 14 days to which to claim the bun, they did and the rspca gave her back to them! :roll:they made them get a bigger hutch and a cover which they did, i kept an eye on her (it was a house that backed onto my work) they left the cover down all day and didnt bother with her at all, so i rang the rspca again! they said as long as the hutch was bigger and cover provided they couldnt do anything!to say i was annoyed was an understatement! i donate to the rscpa as i thought they did a good job it seems they dont have much power at all. they moved so i dont no how the poor thing got on unfortunatley:(.

Bun is still there with his manky water bottle.

Im gonna be like a dog with a bone with this one - :censored:

Good on you for looking after the bunny. I hope the RSPCA will take notice and do something about this poor bunny's situation. Keep us posted.

RSPCA Inspector just been to house ( me noseying from behind curtain):wave:

They were not in so he has left a note.

RSPCA Inspector just been to house ( me noseying from behind curtain):wave:

They were not in so he has left a note.

thats brill!! Hope they take it off the owner. I had a pc guy come around last night and he told me his friend's rabbit froze to death in its hutch because she didnt put enough bedding in there for it and she just laughed about it :evil: people are so selfish and evil, how would she like it if she was put outside in freezing temps :evil::censored:

Bunny is still there! :censored:

I had two huge sacks of P@H bunny food so have chucked them over the fence in a HINT to let them know their rabbit is being MONITERED!:censored: Ringing RSPCA again!

Last edited:
Had a phone call from Inspector - she went out yesterday bless her and the bunny has gone - I do hope its inside.

Had a phone call from Inspector - she went out yesterday bless her and the bunny has gone - I do hope its inside.

Will the Inspector check where the rabbit has be moved to? If its been moved inside, theres no guarantee its accommodation is going to be any more suitable. It could be being kept in a small cage and just as neglected, but indoors :?

Oh dear i'd be wanting to know where its gone :( if she's left a note and they've moved it before she came back, it could be anywhere and still not treated right :( i hope its warm & safe now ;)

Back