• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinchilla pictures pleeese :-)

Plio77

Young Bun
Hi all:wave:
I just got 2 new male chinchillas and i love them to pieces. I hope to eventually bond them with my other 2 males but will see how it goes. Just wanted to share them with you all and was wondering if anyone else who had chinchillas could mabye post a pic or 2 cause i would LOVE to see them.
Cheers,Liz:D

My two new boys Zinzy and Fluffy

DSCF2543.jpg

Zinzy
DSCF2539.jpg

Fluffy
DSCF2568.jpg

They fall asleep in the strangest places:lol:
DSCF2560.jpg

My 2 other boys Chili and Pumkin

DSCF2471.jpg

Pumkin
DSCF2093-1.jpg

Chili
DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

Hope you like,Liz:wave:

My old school had lots... and I loved taking pics of them. So don't say I didn't warn you:lol:

Baby_Hugo_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

This is Hugo. A surprise arrival indeed, as we had kept his parents together for months and nothing happened....then I saw this little guy sitting at the bottom of the cage:love: He had a sibling too which unfortunately was stillborn, we found the mother eating it:shock:

Father_and_son_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here he is with his dad Fredrik. (I know its a bad idea to keep dad with the mother after birth but since we had no idea the female ever got pregnant they stayed together... also she didn't have any more babies until after Hugo had grown up).
Fredrik is unfortunately dead, killed by a power cord that was too close to his cage:cry:

Chinchilla_cushion_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Hugo and his "Wife" Lilo.
Its a bit funny how those two got together, as when Hugo was 8 months old we talked to some breeders about getting him a mate, they came with two standard grey females and then spotted our dark standard male Stitch. One of the breeders fell in love with him and figured she had to have him, leaving his mate Lilo alone, but we were going to get another male soon too (beige) but eventually we decided that to not get only standard grey babies, we decided to introduce the beige male to the two grey females and Hugo to Lilo.
It was love at first sight (oddly since Lilo had been with Stitch since months before Hugo was even born and never delivered babies) but 4 months after meeting Hugo she was a mother of 3:lol: (and yes, they were separated before she gave birth)

Trapped_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here are the grey females I talked about, taken just as we got them (they obviously didn't live in a cat crate :lol:)
Their names were Tuxi and Mizz.

Look_what_I_found_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Mizz's baby. (and no, dad was not with her when she gave birth.)
The_chinchillas_again_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Nursing:love:

Little_chin_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Told you Lilo and Hugo had kits didn't I? This one was born on my birthday! :love:
Chilla_playtime_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here they are a bit older. Believe it or not the one up front is the same as on the last picture! His name's Milky. They also had a brother named Taran who isn't in the pic, but he's gray like his dad, even darker. :lol:
Kiro_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

And this is Taran.

Tuxi_and_the_kits_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Tuxi with babies.

To be continued

A_surprise_arrival_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Another surprise arrival. Apparently Tuxi and her mate weren't separated in time and she gave birth 111 days later.... this little girl was named Penelope.
Penelope_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Bit older. (Finally a baby that wasn't born in/just before summer break!)

Prince_of_Chinchillas_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here's Tuxi and Mizz's mate (they had little objections to sharing this handsome boy:D) Prince. A homozygous beige male (which explains why all his kits are beige while their mothers were standards)

Three_brothers_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

The babies now left their mother.
This was the boys' cage. Milky and Taran on the house, and the beige one is Kiro, son of either Mizz or Tuxi.... Prince at least:lol:

Siamese_chins_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Lilo was bonded with her "mother in law" after the kits were weaned (her daughter got a new home). Here she is with Chilli, Hugo's mother, who sadly died just a while later:cry:

Fredrik and Chilli did have another litter after Hugo was taken out (some 10-months later.... slowpokes) but they were stillborn so Chilli was not bred anymore after that.

my niece's boyfriend has chinchillas - they are gorgeous aren't they. no pics I'm afraid at the mo though

Thanks folks, glad u like them:)
Zakura Rabbit those are some very pretty chins:love: Did they all breed at your school? I know nothing about breeding them i have to say but wont be doing that anyway. They are very social and can live in big same sex groups as i have seen in a friends house. I really love some of the names and may be stealing some if i get any more buns or chins in the future;)

Thanks for sharing.

Oh Molly and Maggie are fantastic chins:love::love:
Its funny but with both my pairs one is much more daring than the other. Mabye thats how their relationship works. The stronger character also seems to get his own way all the time with treats, new toys or attention strangely enough too:roll::lol:

Thanks folks, glad u like them:)
Zakura Rabbit those are some very pretty chins:love: Did they all breed at your school? I know nothing about breeding them i have to say but wont be doing that anyway. They are very social and can live in big same sex groups as i have seen in a friends house. I really love some of the names and may be stealing some if i get any more buns or chins in the future;)

Thanks for sharing.

Kind of. Its an agriculture school, so its not like we were keeping them in the classroom or anything. :lol:
They're social indeed, we've usually kept the females in pairs but the males were a different story. The youngsters got along, Hugo and Fredrik didn't.... Hugo actually proceeded to beat up both our other adult males despite being the youngest :shock: so they had to live separately.

OMG Cole,Courage, Yoda and Midnight ae stunning!:love::love::love::love:
Louis has the cutest face i've ever seen:love:
Keepingmesane i love the little ramps you have down from the cages for playtime. That has given me some ideas:D

Thanks again everyone as i love all the photos and really enjoyed seeing other chnnies:love::D
Liz:)

Back