• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats happened to Albany Pets?

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
Been watching some items, hutches and runs etc, on Ebay from Albany Pets but yesterday afternoon all their listings seem to have dissappeared:? Anyone know whats happened? They are in Ongar, Essex. I have bought from them before without any problems. They usually have loads of listings.

I checked the listings that they had yesterday and didn't find a problem. I will log in to my Ebay account now and check.

Yes I was watching a few items and it's all disappeared all of a sudden :? I was at their warehouse earlier this week and it was absolutely chock full...I do hope they haven't gone into administration but sadly it seems the most likely reason that everything has suddenly disappeared as it's everything gone from the site, not just their bunny stuff.

Their cumfypets website still seems to be working but that doesn't have bunny products on it. I did mean to give them a ring today to see what's going on, but pesky work got in the way and I never got round to it!

No idea but I'm waiting on delivery of a run from them! :shock: Ebay removed all their listings but they didn't say why. They are promising anything paid for will be dispatched and I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I can't afford to lose what I paid for it!!!! :roll:

No idea but I'm waiting on delivery of a run from them! :shock: Ebay removed all their listings but they didn't say why. They are promising anything paid for will be dispatched and I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I can't afford to lose what I paid for it!!!! :roll:

Can I ask how you know it was ebay that removed their listings, did they send you an email? Maybe they have had a dispute with ebay or something then :?

I do hope your run turns up soon...and hopefully this is just a simple dispute that will soon be resolved rather than something more sinister, they sell some good stuff.

I was watching their small hutches a couple of weeks back (wanted something I could stuff with bedding in the sheds) and they were taken off.

Can I ask how you know it was ebay that removed their listings, did they send you an email? Maybe they have had a dispute with ebay or something then :?

I do hope your run turns up soon...and hopefully this is just a simple dispute that will soon be resolved rather than something more sinister, they sell some good stuff.

Yes, they've been sending email updates. I'm just guessing but over Christmas, they weren't doing any deliveries as the courier was closed. They didn't make any mention of this on the item listings and were really clear that someone had to be at home to collect items for the 72 hours after the listing ended. I think they may have had a flurry of complaints or bad feedback as a result. No idea really but would that seem reasonable???? :?

It's possible I guess, it seems a bit drastic from ebay though :shock: Personally I still wonder whether any problems with couriers etc could have been as a result of cash flow. I hope not, I quite like them. I will definitely keep a close eye on their cumfypets website which they seem to be starting to build, maybe they'll quit ebay and build the business up from that instead.

After 80 negs and 80 neutral, I think its Ebay, looking out for their customers.

I bought on the 17th of Dec and my hutch arrived on Friday. The couriers are normally quite good round here, mine even deliver on a Sat :D dispite their ebay thingy saying otherwise.

I think we will see them back bigger better and stronger than before. They have fantastic customer service and it will be sorted!!

I hope so! They may well have been waiting for a shipment as well - although it's technically against ebay rules to advertise products you don't actually have yet.

When I was there on Tues they certainly gave no indication that anything was amiss as I was discussing some hutch covers and the buy it now price of some of their products and whether I should do that or bid. I really hope everything is ok and can be sorted soon :)

After 80 negs and 80 neutral, I think its Ebay, looking out for their customers.

I was just looking at their feedback too - and those figures are just from the last month. :shock: I have to wonder if ebay's idea of preventing seller's from leaving neg feedback is working because, from some of the comments left (if they can be believed of course), quite a few of the neg's seem unjustified.

I have only dealt with them once, but they got my order out super fast with no problems. Its a shame... although their chicken coops are still up for sale.

Lookig back through their feed back someone has said that they have beeb delisted by ebay. I would assume that this is due to peoples feedback and people opening disputes with PP.

It does say on their information bit on ebay that they are having problems communicating with people via ebay.

Such a pity as there are lots of good items that they do sell.

Back