• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice with Panacur.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.
Panacur arrived today £5.95 off Ebay free delivery!

Any tips on how to adminster it to Lola without stressing ehr would be great!

Thank you!

Did you get the liquid or the paste?
Quite a few of mine will eat the liquid straight off of their veggies if I just add it into the bowl at dinner time, for the others I literally just syringe it into them and TBH they are all pretty good about taking it in this way....they don't like it, but they will eat it and forgive me almost immediately so it can't be that bad. :)

I put the paste on bits of brussel sprouts and slices of apple-Daisy couldnt get enough of it:D-but then Daisy loves her food!!!!Panacured sprouts-sounded like a Jamie Oliver receipe!:)

Will try that as I dont want to give ehr banana for the next 9 days!

She wont get on the scales - do I give her one syringe measure a day - it says one syringer meashure per 2.5kg but there is no way she weighs that!

Yes one graduation per day for rabbits under 2.5kg

If she won't take it off food then hold her firmly with a hand over the back of her neck and then slip the syringe into the side of her mouth and simply squeeze the syringe plunger until it has all gone into her mouth. My girls didn't seem to mind this method very much and they don't like being handled etc

I gave it to fudge on a piece of spring green and on day 2 she new not to eat it!
I now put it in a basil leave or mint leave as they have strong smells and a strong taste! Onto day 6 now with no bother :D

peanut will not eat it no matter what its on.

once i did a mixture of veggies, some with it, some not. came back 10 mins later and all the panacured ones where on the floor untouched

cant fool him:lol:

When I've used the paste I found some of my bunnies could spit it out again, it used to end up everywhere!

Daisy wouldnt get on scales-so had to weigh self holding Daisy,then weigh self without Daisy:shock:Its not just Daisy on a diet now!:cry:

hi my buns have it out of a bowl with a teaspoon of baby food mixed in the berry and apple flavour is their fav all go mad for it!! easiest meds iv evergiven!!!!!

I don't know why but I expected the paste to be brown. :? It reminds me of runny tootpaste though. :lol: Alfie and Bubbles have theirs wrapped in a basil leaf. ;)

I find the best way is putting them on your lap wrapped in a towel and if you can get someone to hold their backend so they don't buck back when you are trying to get it in the side of their mouth. Good luck.

Eclipse loves the stuff..he goes crazy for it and licks it off the end of the syringe so hes not a problem... Jazz and Giz arent really a problem either I just squirt it into thier mouths.. tried the spring greens thing.. my buns wont fall for that they just eat around it :roll::lol:

Back