• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difficult bun!

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
I thought Sebastian might be a bit difficult to bond with Gizzy but as it turned out it was realatively easy. They have been in the (unheated) kitchen and getting on great, no chasing anymore just washing each other, sitting next to each other all the time. So I decided as it was mild outside they could go back out in the hutch. I cleaned it out but I think Sebastian still knows it is his hutch and chases poor Gizzy again :(

I shut them just in 1 level so he didn't keep leaving her, they were ok again for an hour then he starts chasing her again!

I brought them back in and he stops and loves her again :?

I can not clean the hutch again till friday morning so should i keep them in till then, give the hutch a really good clean, floor, walls and ceiling this time i think and try again?????

I have tried for them to stay in permanentlt but the OH will not have it as our house is not bunny proofed so they have to have a huge run (i have lots of puppy pens, very useful, which i make a big enclosure out of) and he moans they have so much space and the hay gets everywhere!

Grrr naughty Sebastian. Would it be worth swopping hutches with some of my other buns? so it doesn't smell of him at all??? :?

xxx

Did you clean with white vinegar? Id literally soak it in white vinegar and let it dry out naturally :) Keep them in for a few more days.

Do they have much space indoors? As i know sometimes when they suddenly get alot more space it can cause fights.

Sebastian is a clever boy :lol: Maybe you could change Jack(ie) into Sebastians old hutch, as its the same size etc :) Then Sebastian wont ever be able to smell himself in there :) xXx

Did you clean with white vinegar? Id literally soak it in white vinegar and let it dry out naturally :) Keep them in for a few more days.

Do they have much space indoors? As i know sometimes when they suddenly get alot more space it can cause fights.

Sebastian is a clever boy :lol: Maybe you could change Jack(ie) into Sebastians old hutch, as its the same size etc :) Then Sebastian wont ever be able to smell himself in there :) xXx

I will clean it with the vinegar and let it dry for a couple of days.

The space they have indoors is bigger than the top level of the hutch still he chased her in the top level so doubt space had anything to do with it. He did go balistic when i put him in the hutch, racing about, binkying like mad, like he was really please to be back. Gizzy too had a little run about and binky.

They are back in the kitchen, happy! :lol:

I will give the vinegar a go if not i'll swap hutches :roll:

Back