• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dorian has been castrated today and still not seen him eat...

clairevidler

Young Bun
My boyfriend thinks Im worrying for nothing,,,,but I read that if rabbits stop eating its really dangerous. Dorian has been castrated today and I picked him up at 6pm and hes been asleep near enough the whole time!i dont wana go to sleep until iv seen him eat. Iv even tried to tempt him with his fav treats but he only had a few crumbs of a digestive biscuit. Am i worrying too much? xx

When i got all 4 of my boys done it took them some time to eat! Well i got them around 5/6ish and only ate the next morning, i think it was because of the Anesthetic as they were slightly sleepy for some time that night!

Try giving a bowl of fresh veg!
Hopefully someone will know what to do! I just left mine as i wasnt so rabbit smart (before i found RU) when my rabbits were done :D

Thanks for that, he has fresh veg and his food and a biccy all in his bowl and he has hay so hopefully he will eat it in the morning. I love RU because you learn so much, but then I worry too much!

if he hasn't eaten by morning i would call your vet though. My vets made me give them some pellets n fave foods for when captain came round from his castration and hung onto him until they had seen him eat and come round properly. He was very quiet for a day but was eating.

it can easily take up to 2 days before they go back to their regular diet. For the first 48 hr., tempt them w/ anything, such as treats and fruits and veggies

Back