• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Man man mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :-(

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:roll::roll::roll: Honestly......

Tonight i thought i would get all rabbits nails trimmed as they were starting to get little bit long... well i cut one of my poor wee Patchy boys to short :cry::cry::shock:!! it started to bleed. I put pressure on it for a while, then it stopped, i cleaned it with hibiscrub and then gave him little baytril just in case... what is wrong with me just now!!!:roll::roll:. Shoot meee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Feel so sorry for him :(....

Awwwwwwww Hayley, you are having such a tought time, but don't worry, you didn't do it on purpose, sending you big hugs xx

Thanks Theo.. :):)

I just hope all the buns recover and i can have an episode where their is nothing :roll: ,,, as if :lol:, they like keeping me on my toes!!

I cut Toffee's too short consulted the vet and they said it may look bad, but they're not loosing vast amounts of blood, it will stop.
Don't worry chick
Xx

I cut Toffee's too short consulted the vet and they said it may look bad, but they're not loosing vast amounts of blood, it will stop.
Don't worry chick
Xx

Thank you :). It did take a wee while to stop but he sat so well and it eventually did, i was just worried about infection etc. xx

I did the same with one of my piggies not so long ago:cry:.I was gutted,rang the vet in a right panic.
I am sure he will be fine and these things do happen.

Thank you, i feel a bit relieved now, felt so horrible and didnt know what to do. !! Thanks guys :):wave:xx

i did that to teegs once (i felt awful!)
i didnt have any styptic powder (stops the bleeding) sob shoved his little foot in cornflour, he looked a right muppet :oops:

i always take pebble to the vets to get hers cut... but they make her bleed :shock: Its bleed really bad before. She was fine. HAd abit of a red foot but was fine x

view the video in this link

www.peticure.com

since then I stopped using nail clipper, because I always afraid of over cutting and causes blood. But the consequence that I face is that my bun snap her nail and her finger due to the excessive length of the nail.

In the end, I bought the above. It's not that great. For those of you in england, just buy a dremel rotary tool, preferably the digital one (they're all the same price) that can set at 5K rpm (or low).

Now, if you think it's dangerous even at 5K rpm, you can buy the protective cab (it's a plastic cap) that goes w/ the dremel from the above web site.

But all the vet hospital that I know uses the dremel, noone uses nail clipper due to the reason I mentioned above

If the nail got too long and you don't cut it, 2 bad things can happen, as they had BOTH happened to my buns:

1) the nail will snap, blood will arise at the snap point, and bacteria can get in from the opening

2) The nail can trap by some sort of hole, and snap the finger joint, then the finger is loose and look like it's broken

Back