• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bun is driving me nuts!!

kate_s

Warren Scout
I have just adopted an 18 month old house rabbit Reggie who has not yet been neutered the first couple of days have been ok but now i cannot move for him trying to hump my leg:lol: Ok so it was funny for a bit but now its driving me crazy, i'm going to book him in Monday at the vets but how do i get through the weekend? I wanna give him as much free range time as possible but can't move for him any suggestions?

I don't remember my bridge bun being so horny before his op! i'm hiding in my bedroom and the bun has the whole Living room with the football on to himself:roll:

Oh bless him, good thing you've got him booked in already! You could try giving him a teddy or a big fluffy slipper or something similar; he may take his love out on that instead of your leg. It sometimes takes a few weeks before 'the urge' goes away so you may need to prepare yourself for a couple more weeks of leg-loving yet.

A few weeks!!! I won't last i've tried a teddy and my husband and neither worked bless him he's so sweet and obviously very frustrated roll on Monday:lol::lol:

Sometimes they stop straight away, it all depends on the bun really.

Years ago before I knew about neutering, my bun Fluffybunny used to hump my Winnie-the-Pooh slippers, he used to 'make a mess' on them and everything :oops: He stopped pretty much straight away after he was snipped.

:lol::lol::lol: nice especially when you have visitors! oh well just have to wait see what Monday brings.

Keep trying with the cuddly toy and just kind of insert it between you and him - you might be able to eventually divert his attention onto it from you. Also watch out for the buzzy noises and circling and as soon as she starts get that toy out!!! If you can get him done before Monday then do as it does start calming down afterwards even if it takes a few weeks before it really stops.

Good luck!!!

Thanks guys i just wonder how his previous parents coped with him before maybe he just loves me more :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Put slippery oil on your legs :lol: None of mine never did that but they were nuetered as young as possible so missed that part lol.

Back