• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bonding Help

Bugs&Ebony

New Kit
Hi
I have recently got a young female dwarf lop eared rabbit as a friend for my 3 year old bunny. I am trying to bond them and am in need of some advice as to how to do it.
So far i have left the female in a pen in the same room as the male for nearly 4 weeks and they lay next to each other sniff each other, share the same piece of hay through the bars and the male is always sitting near her.
I then took them both into a different room and let them meet each other properly, first time they both wondered off in seprate directions and explored then the next time they huddled up to together for a while and then the female tried to mount the male :oops: and she wouldnt leave him alone just kept on doing this, The male wasnt bothered by it and seemed to let her do it.

Is this normal behaviour and do they sound like they are going to get on? Also what should i do next with them?

Any help appreciated
Regards Tina

Are they both neutered/speyed? That is important.
Sounds like good bonding so far though. The mounting is just a show of dominance. If he allows it then he is submitting to her. Thats the best outcome if she wants to be boss and he lets her :D Eventually it will settle down.

Back