• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have turned into a "Rabbit scrounger"!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Just been out for a walk and realised I am now a scrounger!

I am on constant lookout for anything that I can make a toy out of and came home today with a small traffic cone and a 1m piece of tubing that the Gas Board have been using to put gas in with. (All are washed thoroughly).

I look in skips, have a nosey when people are clearing houses out and am turning into a right scrounger.

I hope Lola appreciates it! I thought she would love the traffic cone but hates it!:roll:

Oh good it's not just me then, although i have two small traffic cones in the shed and haven't given them to the rabs yet as they have rubber bottoms and i'm worried they will eat the rubber!

Oh good it's not just me then, although i have two small traffic cones in the shed and haven't given them to the rabs yet as they have rubber bottoms and i'm worried they will eat the rubber!

This is a mini one - its smaller than the others - I was like a big kid scarpering over the road with my tubing and cone! :shock: Peeps will think I am a Hobo!

I was in Morrisons carpark juts leaving the other day and somebody ahd droped a bunch of bannanas, they had all been squished by a car but there was one ledt intact....i shoved it in my bag.. *treat for the buns*

my bf looked at me as if i was CRAZY!

Can you see Lola behind the stolen goods??? She is really impressed NOT!

100_0531.jpg

Between Christmas and New Year we went to a craft centre but most parts were closed and when we came to leave the car park was empty. Across the car park we could see where a big tree had been chopped up. It wasn't quite clear whether it was left for recycling or whether it belonged to the nearby house...but there were some nice chunky pieces ideal for our bunnies to use as a step up in their bunny house :)

We pulled up close by and I jumped out (OH was too chicken to come and investigate with me!!). I thought it would be a quick and easy job to pick up a piece and chuck it in the boot of the car. So after a quick look around and trying to appear casual like, I chose my piece and tried to pick it up..but my life it was soooo heavy, I could hardly lift it and I was nearly on my knees by the time I got it to the car.

OH swiftly opened the boot, pushed it in and we were off :shock:

Now we are official criminals...all for the sake of our bunnies!!!!:roll:

ooo thrifty tips i thought i was bad going round on dustbin day with a bag nicking all the newspapers :lol:

what a great thread!! My boss (a chef) gives me loads for Mrs Bun.At Xmas as the golf course was closing he gave me a HUGE bag of rocket....Mrs Buns eyes popped out on stalks!!
Shes got parsley and a bit of cabbage today.....

I was down the park yesterday and found an old BEER CRATE! I lugged it home on my Mountain Bike and Lola and Lucy are in heaven!

The market people are great for leftovers or bits that got dropped. I usually come back with a huge bag of them!
All of my family give me peelings and bits of left over veg for bun. He loves it!

Back