• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Addition! I am on Cloud 9

sailaice

Young Bun
We have been looking to for a rabbit for my hubby for sometime now and the other night in the paper we found an advert for a lionhead free to good home and here he is

We think he may be a lionlop though, they have cut the knots out of his mane hence it being short but he will be getting regular grooming from now on and he has been named Rhubarb!

Photo038-1.jpg

Photo039.jpg

Photo041.jpg

Photo042.jpg

And here he is getting exercise! He has a small hutch at the moment at the end of the month we are getting a new run off Zooplus and looking for a new hutch for him too
Photo043.jpg

Last edited:
Thank so much we are thrilled to bits with him. Getting his neutered and hopefully further on in the year we will get a little friend for him :D

is he your only bunny currently? dont forget to vaccinate and pannacur him too!!! oh it will be loverly for him to have a freind prehaps you can contact rescues(when you reasy adn loking) to arrange something? x

I would of liked to have rescue this time round but OH was very impatient. I have wanted two rescue too guinea pigs for sometime also and haven't found any to rescue...

Yep he is our first bunny together! Our only one! I doubt we will be ready for a few months. he is a bit timid so we are wanting to bond with him ourselves before we introduce a friend to him.

I am emailing previous owner tonight to ask if he has been vaccinated and also taking him for a vet check and frontline him etc!

I love him to pieces, get a sneaky feeling he may be a bit chubby :lol: but we are getting him a huge new run and he will have plenty of exercise! I love him so much

Be careful with Frontline, I think it is dangerous for rabbits. If the vet can't find any fleas, then I would not treat him at all.
He looks lovely, very fluffy! :)

He is really fluffy, that could be winter coat though as he was kept outside?? Or maybe not... I am very novice.

Any guesses on what breed he is? After some googling we think lionlop but possibly not....

I would of liked to have rescue this time round but OH was very impatient. I have wanted two rescue too guinea pigs for sometime also and haven't found any to rescue...

Yep he is our first bunny together! Our only one! I doubt we will be ready for a few months. he is a bit timid so we are wanting to bond with him ourselves before we introduce a friend to him.

I am emailing previous owner tonight to ask if he has been vaccinated and also taking him for a vet check and frontline him etc!

I love him to pieces, get a sneaky feeling he may be a bit chubby :lol: but we are getting him a huge new run and he will have plenty of exercise! I love him so much

I wouldn't Frontline him unless he is suffering from fleas to be honest. I don't know of anyone that does. Shouldn't be necessary.

Only things to have a look for are mites (treatment at vets if present) and the vaccinations.

You shouldn't need to do anything else if the bun is healthy.

Then a neuter as soon as you can to make him a contented boy.

More photos please!

We will be neutering well before any friends appear!

Will take some more piccys tonight! We are besotted!

So can anyone confirm if indeed he is a lionlop?

It's a bit hard to tell as he hardly has a mane, but that may well be because it's been trimmed. Whatever he is he's lovely.

My Lionhead is double maned which means he kind of looks like he has a skirt on aswell as fluffy round the head, but now he has his winter coat he looks like a cotton wool puff where he is so fluffy all over so you may well find your winter coat theory is spot on.

He's lovely :love:

Please don't use frontline on him - it is very poisonous to bunnies and can kill them :cry: They don't need routine flea treating like cats often do, they only get treated if they have an actual problem (quite unusual), and then there are specific bunny-safe products from your vet that you can use. But please whatever you do, don't use frontline!

what a lovely furry little fellow. he looks alot more furry on the head than my mini-lop. Its hard to tell though, and some lion heads manes do get smaller and thinner depending on age and time of year i have heard

I definately won't use front line then. I think the key will be to just keep grooming him and see how it grows. He has a few little matts I can't get at at the moment so I am hoping the vet will help out with them.

All in all though we are over the moon with him, just can't wait till payday to get his new run. I really wish it was summer!

Back