• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Need Advice.....bun being PTS!!!!!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ive just had a phone call from my vets saying that a woman with a dwarf lop bunny is wanting her PTS because she keeps messing herself and she just cant cope with cleaning all the time:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Ive been asked if i would like to take her so she doesnt need PTS (she is perfectly healthy)
Problem is my mum would kill me if i brought another bunny home! I would be able to keep her for a while (if i can persuade my mum i will keep her)
I have untill Thursday to find a home or take her myself otherwise she will be PTS :(:(:(:cry::(:(:(

I dont think i would have the money to afford another bunny (untill i get a full time job that is) and i would only be able to have her indoors as i dont have any outdoor hutches available!
But would i be able to bond 2 females!!!!

I have to save this little bunny, i wont be able to live with myself knowing i could have saved her life! :(:(

Wot can i do?????

Last edited:
offer to take her untill u can find her a home ... why dont u put her on rabbits in need on here?? if ure mum wont let u keep her i could untill a home is found but would be temporary?? is there something wrong with her and thats why shes soiling herself does she need vetenary attention etc??

I would be able to keep her temp but i dont know anyone wanting a rabbit near this area!
If i got her and contacted a rescue would they be able to take her?

I wish my mum was here so i could ask her what to do :?

Why did this happen today!!!

dont worry, a rescue on here may be able to help as this quite urgent. get the bunny if youc an., and then hopefully a rescue will be able to take her.

even if a bunny run is needed im sure someone can help

x

Ok i will get her as a temp and will hopefully get someone to take her!
I am on here almost everyday and read storys like this but never thought it would happen to me!!! :?
I have a spare cage but if she comes with one that would be better as the cage i have isnt really big enough! :?
I do drive and would be able to travel but will arrange when i get her home:D:D:D:D!

Thanks for the help, i really needed it! This is the first time ive been asked to help!

EDT: Her name is Butterscotch and she is 14 months old!

Ok i will get her as a temp and will hopefully get someone to take her!
I am on here almost everyday and read storys like this but never thought it would happen to me!!! :?
I have a spare cage but if she comes with one that would be better as the cage i have isnt really big enough! :?
I do drive and would be able to travel but will arrange when i get her home:D:D:D:D!

Thanks for the help, i really needed it! This is the first time ive been asked to help!

EDT: Her name is Butterscotch and she is 14 months old!

did the vet say anythign was wrong with her ie the soiling herself bcoz surely thats not normal??

it depends on whether she is soiling her self and ahs urine scold in which case there is an underlying issue(kidneys ec?) or is it that she is soiling the house.. ie not using a litter tray.. jsut as your vet said she is "perfectly helathy" am confused... hope someone can help you sorry im too far x

Take her, if you can, but keep her away from your own bunny, as you don't know what is wrong with her. Wash your hands after you have cleaned her. Aks the vet if she's had her vaccinations, and whether he knows what kind of food she has been eating. Good luck!

did the vet say anythign was wrong with her ie the soiling herself bcoz surely thats not normal??

Vet had a check over of her and he said it was her almost deffo her diet! He found nothing wrong, done x-rays and diff tests etc but found nothing wrong!

The woman just cant cope with the cleaning as the bunny doesnt like being picked up and is aggressive (well we will see)
The woman got the bunny for her young kids and they lost interest and left it upto her!

I had a prob like this with Fudge, she would get a messy bum and i switched her food from excel to A&P and ive had no bother!

Will pick her up tomorrow and take pics of her, then decide on whats happening with her!

Why get an animal if your not going to look after them even at the worst times! :? :?

EDT: She is getting her poo stuck to her bum and doesnt like getting cleaned!

in that case definatly take her in temperarily if you can and get her rehomed.
a poopy bum is often a dietry probelm /weight issue/living space/cleanlines sof home issue and tend tos be easily sorted where as wetting can be a symptom of other things xxxx

I will bring her home and then i can sort something out on here! I would be able to keep her for a little while to sort out her diet and change her to other food and it might give someone time to find her a home or make space for her!

Phill im in Fife! where abouts are you!

Just off the phone and the vet is going to keep her overnight tomorrow to make sure she is eating and pooing fine then i can go collect her on Friday morning!

I will bring her home and then i can sort something out on here! I would be able to keep her for a little while to sort out her diet and change her to other food and it might give someone time to find her a home or make space for her!

Phill im in Fife! where abouts are you!

Just off the phone and the vet is going to keep her overnight tomorrow to make sure she is eating and pooing fine then i can go collect her on Friday morning!

nb if you live with your mum you need to discuss it with her first as i assume it is ehr house!!!! x

nb if you live with your mum you need to discuss it with her first as i assume it is ehr house!!!! x

Its ok i phoned my dad and he said its fine if its only temp! and said she could stay for only a few weeks but no longer! So i have some time to sort her out or find someone for her! :D:D

If she is on cheap rabbit mix or Excel, or gets too many treats and carrots, she could get that sort of problem. Change her over to good pellets and lots of hay, and things should hopefully get better.
Well done for saving her! :D

Back