• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

May Have A Problem

jenny s

Mama Doe
when i went to feed the bun this morning HOLLY had jumped the 4 ft pannel separating her from thumper :shock::shock:

the vet said she will be fine as she is not old enough to get pegnant is this true and what should i do.

they are now 15 weeks old and thumper is going in to be done when his other plum drops.

i have tried so hard to keep them apart

any help

thats what i was told thats why the were seperated 4 weeks ago:(

i feel like such a bad owner as i didnt want this to happen:(

Whilst there is a small chance that they are fertile I personally think it highly unlikely. Giants generally mature later than smaller Buns and if Thumper's plums are still not down I really do doubt that Holly is now pregnant.

If I am wrong please dont sue me !!

Boys can mate at 12 weeks but generally girls need to be a bit older. I would still advise getting her neutered as soon as possible though :?

ETA didn't realise they were giants, this does mean they mature later than smaller breeds, what a worry

i agree with jane and liz i think they mature later if giants.. best you can do for now is keep hundred percent seperated with a higher fence or lids on areas and keep an eye out for any babies. once she is old enough get her speyed. hope it all wors out sending no babies vibes x

thanks guys
hubby has just made a lid to stop her jumping over.:D

hopefully she wont have caught being slower to mature but have marked the calenda just in case.

thumper is being done in two weeks as he is having his vhd on tuesday and the vet will do hime a week after that

Back