• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal testing taught in school

raine

Warren Veteran
Im thrilled that my 15 year old son is debating in his Philosophy and Ethics GCSE class, animal testing. They watched a film by PETA and he saw a beagle being punched in the face and animals being tortured in the name of science. He has moaned that I buy him Co-op deodorant in the past and this week said he wants it because it is BUAV recommended. Hard luck Lynx:lol: He did tell me that the class was swayed 50% for and 50% against, which was a little sad.

very well done to his school.. i had no idea about animal testing until i joined this forum.... if its so necessary why do they hide the fact they do it :evil:

i think all products should have a 'has been tested on animals' label instead of the wonderful people who dont having to point out the fact they sell cruelty free stuff.

one day maybe *dreams*

personally i think that is something they should be allowed to opt out off as some children can have terrible nightmares im quite aware of teh terrible cruelty of animal testing but i wouldnt want to sit any child through watching it on tv the same as i choose not to watch the horrific videos. its good to debate it yes but i think its a very sensitive subject and some children would find this highly distressing.

personally i think that is something they should be allowed to opt out off as some children can have terrible nightmares im quite aware of teh terrible cruelty of animal testing but i wouldnt want to sit any child through watching it on tv the same as i choose not to watch the horrific videos. its good to debate it yes but i think its a very sensitive subject and some children would find this highly distressing.

I agree. Im shocked to be honest its taught in school, but there is a positive outcome of making older teenage school kids aware.
Its a shame ony 50% of the class were won over after seeing that :(

its probably the right age to catch a young adult.. i watched an abortion video at 14 which haunted me deeply enough not to risk pregnancy if i wasnt prepared to keep the child. even now i wouldnt have an abortion if i was silly enough to get preggers at 30 years old

i assume we are talking about cosmetics and household products and not drugs etc? because i am against the first two but support the later. Its not idea and it does have to be very carefully regulated (and is, we do modules on it at college) but for medications it is necessary both for animals and humans. i do of course :censored: the people that abuse and neglect animals used in testing centres.

Back