• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby is barely eating

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
She is nibbling bits of veg at the most, she has poo'ed id say i have seen three.

She was spayed yesterday along with two others, the others are fine.

Ruby was really wobbly and withdrawn when she came home yesterday.

I have grated her some carrot up, however she has never been a big eater anyway.

Advice?

I had 'the three mummies' spayed on Friday and it took a good few days for all of them to get back to normal. One took longer than the others. Every rabbit is different, but if you are at all worried, I would take her back to the vets as it's better to be safe than sorry. Has she had her post op check anyway?

Have you tried to tempt her with anything extra special such as apple, banana? I know that normally you wouldn't want to give her this sort of stuff necessarily but if she's not eating much then I personally would just do what ever it takes to tempt her and then worry about a bit of wetter poo later. Important thing is that she doesn't dehydrate so if she is drinking and weeing then you shouldn't be quite as concerned. If she is doing neither, then you may need some assistance.

I think that if a bun hasn't returned to normal (ish) after two days, I would want to consult my vet.

It sounds like her spay has knocked her for six. The really important thing is to not let her get to the point of gut stasis, so I would take her to the vet to be checked out. Agree that she could need a top up of pain relief too.

She has drunk abit and nibbled some grated carrot, she is moving about but is quiet...

Post Op check is Friday. Will see how she gets on today..:)

Back