• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bunnies - Stupid humans

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7824153.stm

Basically, the system was disturbed, as the stupid humans removed the cat population as although they were keeping the rabbits low, they were also killing the penguins.

Now the cats are gone, the rabbits population has risen, and they are going to have to cull the rabbits in order to protect the penguins.

I mean I can see the point, but why don't people think things through before they go charging in and not think of the consequences, can no one rememeber yr 9 biology!!! (obviously it in another country, so I can't vouch for curriculum)

I am also concerned that they use myxi as a control. surely there are more humane ways now.

And since when do rabbits eat penguin chicks!?!?

And the pic used is sooo not a wildie!!

Last edited:
I hate reading things like this.
Juts another example in a long line of people interferring with natura and casuign more problems :censored:

ref the pet rabbit shown yeap agreed a give away as he looks like he's in a hutch!

And since when do rabbits eat penguin chicks!?!?

I think it was just poorly written - the rabbits are eating the plants, it's the rats and mice that are eating the chicks. ;)

I think it's very sad and like Karen said, just another example of us messing with nature and getting it horribly wrong. :(

Back