• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no!! whats going on?

karen1980

Mama Doe
Hello .

Lily went for her Myxi jab 2 weeks ago on Sat.

Normally she can 'beg' and is very litter trained.

Since she has come back she refuses to 'beg' and isn't so good with her litter.

Now,
She is hopping normally and can feel her legs etc.. as I poke them and she moves.

She's still littering in her tray for all her pee's but its her poo's she's doing outside her tray.

I was thinking that the vet might have hurt her neck with the injection and hence the not standing up.

She's eating fine etc.. when I hold her bowl up she really wants the food but doesn't put her paws on it to pull it down like she did before.

She can put weight on her front paws to 'climb' up me and she doesn't hesitate.

Not sure if I have a very annoyed bunny - she hates the vets - hence why I haven't taken her (she's going on Sat for VHD jab) or an ill bunny

Please help me.

Personally I would pop her back to the Vets.
The vaccination will impact on her immune system (its meant to) and what you are describing *might* be an indication of a case of 'active' EC. But dont panic, it may be nothing of the sort. Without being able to examin your Bun its impossible for anyone to say for sure. I would certainly want to discuss the problem fully with the Vet before the VHD Vac is given.

Good Luck

xx

I meant to meantion that ive already started to panic abouot EC so have started her on a worming course. although fopr suspected EC its 28 days isnt it? not the normal 10. She's been wormed since sat so some time to go yet.

I meant to meantion that ive already started to panic abouot EC so have started her on a worming course. although fopr suspected EC its 28 days isnt it? not the normal 10. She's been wormed since sat so some time to go yet.

Some Vets say 28 days, some 42 days for suspected 'active' EC.
I would not want a Bun VHD Vaccinated til EC concerns have been discussed fully with the Vet.

xx

I feel the same.. there has been an outbreak of VHD in my area tho so I dont know what to do.

i cant work out if she's being stubborn or not.
I was aware of the 28 days but if 42 is needed then so be it.

I tried to find an article I read on here about EC before but I cant find it.. any ideas? I PM Soad to see if she knows where it is.

She gets in her litter tray for her pee's okay but not all of her poo's and she's not normally like that.

The main thing that is worrying me though is the lack of her standing on her back legs. Aww I wish i could speak rabbit language!

Awww hun I hope all is ok with Lily bless her and you get to the bottom of whatever is going on x Maybe she has just decided she wants to be naughty for a change? :lol:

Im so hoping chick! I love her to bits and im just worried aboiut her but she's eating fine etc.. just the behaviour of the tolilet and the begging.

LOL I go to my vets on Sat and have to tell them I think she's ill as she isnt begging? :oops: they are gonna section me! :lol:

oh karen hope things are ok with her! i must get around to coming to visit you sometime!!!!!
she looks so lovelry in her ppictures. hope nothing seriosuly wrong. hopefully things are ok coco sends his love xx

oh karen hope things are ok with her! i must get around to coming to visit you sometime!!!!!
she looks so lovelry in her ppictures. hope nothing seriosuly wrong. hopefully things are ok coco sends his love xx

Yep yopu must do! anytime your int he area for a Bluewater trip give me a text as im about 20 mins up the road.

Will update with vet results on Monday but she hasnt changed in terms of her eating etc.. and poops are still plenty :)
Ive got her on panacur and have done since Sat (when I noticed the behaviour) so will tell the vet im treating her for suspected EC.
Not sure if the vet will x ray or just give her some pain killers to see if that makes an improvement? who knows...

X

I have only just seen this.I really hope you get to the bottom of whats wrong with Lily,she is such a beautiful bun.Sending massive healing vibes Lily's way

Vibes needed

Okay a late update here but took Lily to the vets and she has sore points in her back.

He said no swelling on hocks and things she's too young for arthiritis (sp?) she's 2 years 3 months old.

He gave her metacam as I thought he would and she seemed a little better.

He asked if she's been drinking alot of water. Im a bad mummy as i DONT NORMALLY RECORD IT :eek:( but I have been since and she drinks between 150 and 300mm of water a day? Is that excessive for a 5.85Kg bunny? I dont think it is but not sure?

Her last day of metacam was on Tues night and she did a standing jump yesterday so I think she is starting to feel better but she still isnt begging properly (although she did do 2 paws on her bowl when she was on the metacam)

I thik=nk the vet might x ray her back next to see whats going on there.. :cry: seems like that might be the issue.
Sorry the update is late.

Please send her lots of vibes

X

Back