• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Beautiful New Girl Blackberry

March Hare

Warren Veteran
I would like you to meet the newest edition to my bunny family! This is my gorgeous new black girlie, Blackberry. :love: She is a lovely, friendly girl. I brought her home the night before Christmas Eve, and the next day I took some Christmas piccies of her. I thought it was about time that she 'met' everyone! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABlackBun.jpg

AAAABlackbunXmascrop4.jpg

Last edited:
Blackberry says 'Thank You SO Much!' for making her feel so special! :love: She isn't used to feeling special, unfortunately. :cry: Now, I don't usually like to fall for 'sob stories'.....but I just HAD to act in this case. :oops: My daughter rang me the week before Christmas as her neighbour had just been round to see her. Her neighbour is a single mum to two very young daughters. She had gotten this poor bun 'for the children' :roll: last spring......and promptly installed her in a second hand 3 foot hutch at the end of their garden. She had no run....and was never allowed out of her hutch to free run as she had 'just had her lawn returfed'. :? The usual scenario ensued....bun was all but forgotten about. This woman had company coming just before Christmas, and wanted rid of bun as basically she just couldn't be bothered (or perhaps didn't want anyone to see her?!?) so, knowing that my eldest daughter is as rabbit mad as I am, she popped round and asked if she would take her. My daughter has loads of buns of her own, and is expecting a new baby in March, so didn't feel able to take her. So she rang me in a panic, and I told her I really couldn't take her either. :oops: However, a couple of days later, aforementioned neighbour announced that they were taking bun (she never had a name before she came to me :cry:) to the woodland area at the local park.....to 'release' (dump) her! EVERYONE takes their dogs there off-lead, so 'buns' outlook was bleak. So, being the sap that I am, I told my daughter to take the bun and I would come down and get her....thinking that perhaps I could get her into a rescue. Silly ME! :roll: One cuddle, and one look from those beautiful chocolate eyes, and she was here to stay! :oops: :oops: :lol:

The REALLY sad part of the story? My daughter rang me a few days after Christmas to tell me that her neighbour.................

has a brand new Labrador puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :evil: :censored:

Back