• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Letting buns out free range

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
How many of you have the problem of letting your buns out free range but are always scared they are going to smell/see the other buns in the garden..I have this problem, I cant let Jazz and Gizmo out because if Jazz smells eclipse he chases Gizmo.. even if I remove Eclipse from his hutch his smell is still on the ground... any tips to get around this?

I have two sets of buns who fight at sight of others. The rest are sorted. Its tricky but we manage!

I will try explain;

Tigger & Lindt then Tommy & Petra are buns who fight at sight of others.

So i put Tommy and Petra in the run...then put them away, i would then put Tigger and Lindt out in the run or free range (when free range they dont fight). Then put them away. I can then put Lottie and Albie into run and let Lopsy and Bo free range or vice versa. But if Lopsy and Bo or any other bun are free ranging i have to make it so the (four jealous beeps) up there cant see them..

Hope that makes sense... :? :D

I bought some plastic coated mesh from wickes/B&Q and fenced them off, and each pair now have a separate corner of the garden to themselves

With vegetation in between, they can't see each other

The only problem is if they get into the middle ground, then the nose biting thru the mesh starts

I have four pairs of rabbits, and only two pairs tolerate each other so they're able to come out and have half the garden for each pair at the same time ( but separated)

When the giants come out, or when BB and Joey come out I have to cover the fronts of the other rabbits runs so that they can't see each other.

BB and Hera in particular just love trying to find ways to see the other rabbits as they seem to enjoy a good argument with the other rabbits and also with their own partner, but I hate seeing them being narky with their own partner.

99% of the time it's not a problem so long as the tarpaulins are in place. Occassionaly one of them will manage to move a brick and get under the tarp - then all hell breaks loose!!

I have 2 groups that share free range time but live next to each other anyway so smells arnt a problem for me. I do block the view of the garden for those left in so they cant see each other. The only thing I can suggest is using play pen panels and making a make shift fence around the hutch so they cant get very close and cover it so they cant see. Only thing with that though is the height if your bunnies are keen jumpers.

Back