• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Graze On?

I was just wondering if any one had used Graze On from Nothern Crop Driers as a bunny food?

This is what the website says about it:

GRAZE-ON

GRAZE-ON is made from home-grown grass, harvested at a highly nutritious stage of growth. The grass is rapidly high temperature dried within a few hours of leaving the field meaning that all the freshness and goodness is sealed into the end product, and any moulds or spores are killed. GRAZE-ON therefore has a feed value virtually identical to fresh grass.

THE BENEFITS

* The high feed value allows concentrate feeding to be reduced
* High levels of digestible fibre
* Can be fed alone, as part of the forage ration or to add bulk and fibre to a concentrate ration
* GRAZE-ON contains all the important minerals and vitamins, including Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, and a calcium, phosphorus ratio of ideal proportions.
* Short chop forage takes longer to eat therefore prolonging feeding time and aiding good digestion
* Dust Extracted
* Molasses Free

A unique blend of grasses is used by Northern Crop Driers to produce their product Graze-On. This blend is made up of the following grass types:

Solid Hybrid Ryegrass, Donard Perennnial Ryegrass, Moy Perennial Ryegrass, Dovey Tall Fescue, Promesse Timothy

I'm asking because it's cheaper then Readigrass. :oops:

I forgot to add this bit..

Graze On.

Typical Analysis (as fed):

Protein: 16%
Oil: 3.5%
Fibre: 25%
Digestible Energy: 10-11 MJ/Kg
Approximate Dry Matter: 90%

Readigrass
is:

Protein 12%
Oil 2%
Fibre 28%
Vitamin C 150mg/kg
Calcium Level 0.8%

Looking at the analysis, I think I would go with the readigrass.

Nicola, what is the price of the Graze on

Last edited:
I found Graze On to be much more finely chopped and dusty, and the buns and guinea pigs don't like it nearly as much! There is also Just Grass made by Dodson and Horrell which is much more similar to readigrass and which I used last year when Readigrass was out of stock for a while.

I've just ordered some graze on, so hopefully they'll like it.

I'm not overly bothered about the higher protien and oil then readigrass, as they seem to have trouble keeping weight on this weather anyways. :)

What about the graze-on gold blend?
Its really high in fibre and low in protein! dont know if buns would eat it though but seems interesting!!!

Back