• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sneezing rabbit

Lucymum

New Kit
Hi there.... we are new to owning a rabbit and Smokey was checked out at the vets on Friday of last week and given a clean bill of health.........however since then he has been sneezing more and more.....is this normal. He is approx 12 weeks old?

Many thanks

it may be the type of bedding u r using do you use sawdust?? or dust from the hay that is making him sneeze??

i agree with louise, could be the hay or sawdust (if you use it)
I had to get dust free hay for kermit to stop him sneezing so much, and i dont use any sawdust

i would have also said that, could be his bedding or his hay. even something in the carpet.

has he got any discharge coming from his nose? check the insides of his front legs too and make sure they're clean, as our vet told us that if theyre abit mucky that can also be an indication of a problem, if hes wiping his nose on them while hes washing himself!

Back