• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis - worse in winter?

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Do you think rabbits are more prone to stasis in winter?

BB had a bout of stasis in December, which thankfully was sorted quickly before her surgery, and today little Strawberry started with a bout.

It has taken 6 hours to see an improvement, and she was really unhappy and uncomfortable, but after meds and lots of cuddles on the sofa (she actually fell asleep in my arms) she's eating again and looking her usual happy self.

I've noticed that whenever any of mine start in stasis it follows a day or two of bad weather when they haven't got their free range time in the garden.

Mine seem prone to stasis when the temperature changes suddenly. Smokey seems particularly sensitive.

I agree about the exercise thing, my lot seem a bit sluggish if they haven't braved the weather!

Alvin had stasis in the month April but i think it was the fact even tho his tummy accepted different veg i was giving too much variety from week to week....

since ive stuck the the same 5 veg every day every week weve not had a single scare even when theres hairy poops :D:D:D (whats the betting ive typed too soon :roll:)

eta - i still set my alarm each morning im not at work just incase it was the strop at waiting for breakfast like i first thought :oops:

eta - i still set my alarm each morning im not at work just incase it was the strop at waiting for breakfast like i first thought :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

I just find it strange that I've had two buns who have had it within 3 weeks of each other.

Thank goodness I had Lou to phone for advice this morning - she stopped me panicking!

Back