• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you weigh your bunnies?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
I weighed pebble today, she weighs 2.1kg. I also weighed Little Miss Hammond, she weighs 114grams (shes 7weeks)

I am going to try and weigh them both every fortnight. How often if ever, do you weigh your buns? xx

I weigh my buns not that often to be honest. I handle them quite alot so if i feel their weights have changed slightly i'll weigh them.
When i first got Ghostie i was weighing her every other day to keep a close eye on her progress (extremely starved bun) but now as they're both little porkers i need to keep an eye on them that they're not putting on too much weight :p

they get weighed every six months when they have vaccs, and if i think they seem different i weigh them as and when

:D

not as often as i planned to... :oops::oops:

usually between 2 - 4 weeks, but i do feel their spines daily incase theres a sudden weightloss and i know exactly what they are eating and when thanx to my trusty camera :lol::lol:

not obsessed honest :oops:

I weigh my nethies fortnightly and my lops about once a month. I tend to weigh Santa more frequently if she's starting to look snuffly, it only takes a couple of seconds to pop her on the scales :)

Does this mean most bunny owners have a special pair of bunny scales? Oh I feel like a naughty mummy I haven't done this:oops:

I just use my kitchen scales as they are flat and I just put an old plastic box on top for them to sit in :D
I weigh the babies weekly and I weigh anybun that is not well or has ongoing health issues about every week or fortnight, depending on what the problem is. The others don't get regularly weighed but they are frequently handled so I tend to notice any changes.

Does this mean most bunny owners have a special pair of bunny scales? Oh I feel like a naughty mummy I haven't done this:oops:

nah. i used normal people scales. and set it to kg. :) and the kitchen scales for my hammy x

I have recorded it to Angie x

I use kitchen scales (accurate to the gram) for ickle animals and I have a set of baby scales for the cats/larger bunnies. I don't find human scales very accurate as they aren't really sensitive enough to pick up subtle differences in the animal's weight.

I record mine in my brain :lol:

Back