• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Peanut Butter U/D post 104 found the problem

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
after posting about this

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=163147

today, after i put the pic up i noticed all the puss had 'filled up' the hole, so as soon as my mum got in we whisked him up to Spring Lodge in Tiptree.

She looked at his hock and said he had an abcess underneath the skin and she is concerned that the infection has gone into the bone.

Tomorrow he is going to have a xray and she is going to see what needs to be done, it will either be:

1. the abcess is removed, dressed and he is given a long course of antibiotics

2. if the infection is in the bone, she said it is very slight that his leg can be saved as she said often the antibiotics will not fight it off and it just gets worse, so she said at worst he may need to have his leg amputated.

I said he was insured, however his policy started on the 4th july, and he had baytril for his sore hock in june :? however, his hock cleared up fine and then after that we have had no problems until now.

i am assuming despite this he still wont be covered?

this is bad financially, it is going to be £170 just for xrays and anasthetic, and then near on £200 for first course of antibioitics, and if his leg needs amputating it could be so so much higher.

:(

please think of my baby tomorrow.

Last edited:
aww no :cry:

i hope he will be covered hun and will be thinking of yous both tomorrow

im sending lots of vibes ((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Sending tons of vibes for little Peanut Butter. I take my lot to Spring Lodge Witham, so i know he's in good hands
Xx

Sending tons of vibes for little Peanut Butter. I take my lot to Spring Lodge Witham, so i know he's in good hands
Xx

hes going to witham tomorrow because thats the hospital bit. jelly isnt going with him but if he has to spend the night she willgo up and join him.

she doesnt tend to miss him lol, cept when shes ill herself n he will be asleep so..

i so hope it hasnt gone into the bone :(:(

hes going to witham tomorrow because thats the hospital bit. jelly isnt going with him but if he has to spend the night she willgo up and join him.

she doesnt tend to miss him lol, cept when shes ill herself n he will be asleep so..

i so hope it hasnt gone into the bone :(:(

Yep, Witham is just 5 minutes drive to my house :)
Go down the country path towards the pub down the country roads for 5-8 minutes and you're there :D
Ooooh, Sarah Jane we have two incredibly gorgeous vets, i hope you see them :D

Oh no :cry:

Lots of vibes for Peanut Butter

xx

im glad i took him when i did, i know i couldnt have been any quicker but im so so worried, if its gone into the bone he might lose his leg :cry:

does this procedure sound right for whats wrong with him?

i worry its too'extreme' for a hock but she said hes had creams before from other surgeries so that clearly isnt working

Yep, Witham is just 5 minutes drive to my house :)
Go down the country path towards the pub down the country roads for 5-8 minutes and you're there :D
Ooooh, Sarah Jane we have two incredibly gorgeous vets, i hope you see them :D

:lol::lol:
i cant say i have seen them, but maybe i will!

do u know a vet called Nicole there? shes really nice, she looked after Jellybefore and peanut this time:)

:lol::lol:
i cant say i have seen them, but maybe i will!

do u know a vet called Nicole there? shes really nice, she looked after Jellybefore and peanut this time:)

I probably do but don't know names - will have a nose on the site ;)
Leanne the young receptionist with the long bob is lurrrvly, if you see her ask her about Spider ;)

Loads of vibes for Peanut, they've done all my animal operations, most recently Gho's spay, but they did an amazing job on Spider's wrist (he cut it open somehow :( )

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Poor Mr. Butter. Sending loads of vibes for him.
I hope you are covered. I think you should be. Especially as you made certain you would be. I remember when you were getting the policy. :)

phoned pet plan and explained and he MAY be covered!!

his hock was sore in june, policy taken out in july. he has had no treatment on that hock since june, and she said as its been so long and its not a condition like arthrituc which is life long, he may be covered for it.

this could be a godsend....

i so hope he is. . . .

my gorgeous boy :love:

phoned pet plan and explained and he MAY be covered!!

his hock was sore in june, policy taken out in july. he has had no treatment on that hock since june, and she said as its been so long and its not a condition like arthrituc which is life long, he may be covered for it.

this could be a godsend....

i so hope he is. . . .

my gorgeous boy :love:

That's great news, he should be surely ;)

That's great news, he should be surely ;)

in all honesty she said its the way the vet words it. if she says he was free from it for 6 months and now he has a abcess, he will be okay hopefully.

i so hope he is, if its amputated it could cost us over £400 in total.

we dont have that kind of money with the recession.

Back