• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neautered today- soft poos- please can someone help

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My rabbit was neautered today and I was told to make take him in tomorrow if he didnt produce any poo's. Trouble is he has produced lots, and lots! Some of them are quite large and soft- is this usual? I assume it is due to the large amount of veg he has had today (I sent him in with a selection and he ate all of it!) but should I cut him back on veg now or continue feeding it untill he is recovered from his op?

[edit] Does anyone have any ideas??? Are large/soft poos normal after a GA or should I be calling my vet???

Last edited:
hi.i can only speak from my own bunnies experience but i do tend to find that mine have much sloppier poos' after a g.a.and it's good that your bunny's gut is moving,however i'm sure someone who knows more will be along shortly.hope your bun is fully recovered soon.x

Thanks! Im prob just worrying over nothing! He is eating and drinking- just appears quieter than usually but I guess this is expected.

When archie was neutered he took a while to poo, i was worried so was feeding him lots to get his guts moving then he had a massive amount of poo that was much darker than usual and a bit of runny poo but that cleared up quickly. Its a good sign that he's eating and drinking :) Don't think the soft poo is anything to worry about.

Hi Rachi

Just read your thread as i had my bun neutered yesterday too, although i think he is pooing normally just not as much really!

I just wanted to ask you if your bun was being really quiet and seemed really sad as mine does and i feel so sorry for him, i feel like he hates us at the moment! He just keeps sleeping and turnign away from us! Im guessing that is expected as he has been through a lot and im probably worrying about nothing but i dont like to see him sad! Is yours like this or has he gone back to his normal self?

Thanks

Kelly x

He was a bit quiet last night, would still run away from us if we went near him though! He is usually quite noisy in the night but didnt hear him so he must have been sleeping. He seemed ok this morning and was eating as usual.

Back