• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update & Advice with Lottie & Albie

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Lottie and Albie both went in for VHD vacs today and had a good health check.

I informed the Vet of there past, Dental buns and Albies snuffly nose etc.

Both were weighed, Lottie 2.92KG and Albie 1.7-8 (cant remember) :oops:

She advised for me to bath Albie's paws, (as he wiping his nose on them and getting abit sore) his nose isnt bad at the moment, but she suggested keeping a close eye on him and if it starts up we will start treatment. She checked his teeth and there all okay.

She checked Lottie over, Lotties nails grow funny, like "curl" sort of thing, she said that her nails (cant rem exact words) were like flaking off skin and suggested a lack on Vitamin C???? Any ideas?

Lottie's teeth were okay, however on the right hand side at the top, she may need them "burring" (sp) soon. Have to keep an eye on her eating etc.

I mentioned there lack of eating hay and she suggested a few types of hays and told me to reduce pellets, to try get them eating more hay, as obviously that will help there teeth. She suggested different ways of giving them hay? They currently have hay in a rack/basket, hay on floor, hay in storage box, how else?

I also went to the Local Farm shop and bought 4different types of hay and a bale of soft meadow hay.....in hope they will eat some :lol:

Okay, where can i get some?

There seemed to like Readigrass, abit...

usually get mine from hay experts. havent tried the burns green oat hay, usually have the other just labeled 'oat hay'. my all go mad for the vitaverde hay especially the hay and nettle.

I've never heard of Vit C deficiency in rabbits tbh, but I guess the best thing would be to feed plenty of fresh veg...as long as it doesn't give her gas

She said it was something to do with Vit C as her nails were showing a lack of it? Something like that.

They get plenty of fresh Veg about 3-4times a week :D

Back