• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This can't be happening!/ He's looking better

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Larry has stopped eating and is just laying under the table. I have rung the vets and they will see him asap but he is so heavy I can't move him so need to wait for Steve to get home from work if he can.

Larry is Leon's brother who died of pyloric stenosis on new years day, so this isn't looking good.

Please can we have vibes for a simple gut stasis, I can't loose 2 rabbits in aday :cry:

Last edited:
Larry has stopped eating and is just laying under the table. I have rung the vets and they will see him asap but he is so heavy I can't move him so need to wait for Steve to get home from work if he can.

Larry is Leon's brother who died of pyloric stenosis on new years day, so this isn't looking good.

Please can we have vibes for a simple gut stasis, I can't loose 2 rabbits in aday :cry:

Oh my :shock: I'm praying here Liz. Really praying.

Oh gosh Liz :( I really hope Larry is going to be ok. Sending lots of vibes xXx Thinking of you all xXx

Oh no, Liz.......how AWFUL. ::HUGE hugs:: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sending tons and tons and TONS of vibes to Larry. xxxxx :cry: :cry:

((((((((((((((( VIBES )))))))))))))))

Well we are back from the vets.

Larry has had all the meds he can ie, metacam, zantac and fluids for now and we are all praying it is normal stasis. i could have left him there but as there is no-one there after 8pm we decided to bring him home.

We decided against x-rays as they are very unlikey to show pyloric stenosis so we would be no further forward. Jen said that it wouldn't have shown up on x-ray with Leon when she did the postmortem.

I will be keeping a very careful eye on Larry this evening and if he starts to show any deterioration that is similar to Leon's we will be straight to the emergency vet. If there is no improvement in the morning he will be admitted at our normal vet.

So now I guess it is just a waiting game to see which way this goes. The vet seemed quite positive but after the day I've had and what happened to Leon I am not feeling quite so optomistic :(

I did a bit of checking round and none of the other seem to be affected or been ill like this. They are sooo unlucky! I really really hope it's stasis!

Oh gosh Liz I am so sorry to hear this :( I really hope it's 'just' gut stasis and that Larry will feel better much soon. Big hugs to you xxx

Back