• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please Vinnies not well (pic of what could of caused it) :(

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ive just got in from work and Vinnie is really bloated he just keeps lying down refusing food this is Claude all over again:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear this Marie, i agree with Jane call the vets and let us know how you get on xxx

I am so sorry to hear this......sending MEGA vibes to Vinnie. :( xxx

((((((((((((((( VIBES )))))))))))))))

Sorry i had called the vets as i typed i was in such a state i didnt write it took him straight down Hes been admitted shes going to xray and tube him,Ive just got to wait for some news,I just cant belive this is happening after everything that happened with Claude,just cant belive i can have so much bad luck with my rabbits its breaking my heart:cry:

Oh no, another poorly bunny. I really think that stormy weather and changes in air pressure cause a lot of problems. Hope Vinnie feels better soon. :(

Poor Vinnie :cry:

Is he a Rex too ?

Still sending vibes

xx

Yes
000_1070.jpg

Ive collected him vet xrayed him no gas present in his tum just fluid they tried tubing him but only a bit of food came out:( The vet said he isnt bloated with gas just fluid said its called Alasis is that the same as stasis?
Hes had all the meds and shes given me metacam,zantac and baytril to start tommo if no better
He still looks very poorly:cry:,I just hope hes going to be ok

It could be, yes im sure she did, not sure about the diuretic what is that?

It is a drug that helps shift excess fluid build up. But it only treats the symptom not the cause. However, in the first instance treating the ascites is essential.
But I dont know if that is what your Vet said it was, I am just guessing cos I have never heard of 'alasis'.

Back