• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

funny noise

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
Hi,
I've only had Joe about 6 weeks and he's my first bun. I didn't think they made any noises, but when i let him out of his hutch in the morning or go in to his room he makes this noise that's really hard to describe it's almost like a gribbit-gribbit noise, it's not squeaky exactly it's almost like a creaky sort of noise.

He does it while he's running about or when i put new food down so i'm hoping it's a happy noise?

Hi,
I've only had Joe about 6 weeks and he's my first bun. I didn't think they made any noises, but when i let him out of his hutch in the morning or go in to his room he makes this noise that's really hard to describe it's almost like a gribbit-gribbit noise, it's not squeaky exactly it's almost like a creaky sort of noise.

He does it while he's running about or when i put new food down so i'm hoping it's a happy noise?

it is a happy noise! its says he likes you and is happy. My rabit used to do this before nuetered and it was more part of his sexual/mating behaviour. I am not sure if your bunny is still young ( six weeks) for his testicles to start coming out , i think is just about time though which means that hormones will start been around.

Back