• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i go about getting my boy a friend?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
I posted yesterday about kermit never getting a girlfriend as he cant get neutered, some people have been saying that i can bond him with a spayed female....
If i was to do this how would i do it, do i get the girl first and bring her to mine, or do i take kermit to her....and do you know of anywhere in west of scotland that would attempt a bonding for me?
Or do you think that this is a definate NO to bonding an entire buck with a spayed female?
Thanks in advance guys
Kirsty

Have you had a look on here in the search section for a bunny?You could ring the rescue nearest to you and ask them if they do the bonding:D
Best of luck:D

ring around various rescues it would likely be better to have the right tempermented bunny. i bonded(or they bonded themselves) dora and arhtur while he was intact i did get him neutered as he was a humping machine and pestered her 24/7.. if he hadnt pestered her so much as they never fought adn were very much in love i wouldnt have neutered him. but i do htink it will vary on getting the right rbabit adn giving them plenty of space adn ensuring that she can go into a box or somehwere to hide if he gets a bit too randy!!!!

ring around the rescues and see what they think. dora is quite fiesty and would put arhtur in his palce when he got a bit ott so possibly a more feisty bun? x

Its a tough one though, cos dont want to get too fiesty a girl incase she bullies my boy or pushes him over as he has his head tilt!

Its a tough one though, cos dont want to get too fiesty a girl incase she bullies my boy or pushes him over as he has his head tilt!

well i htink best bet is to discuss with a rescue .... im sure they will know more about what is best combination... alternativly how about a neutered male?( yes i know thats difficult bonding) but maybe would stop the humping? i gues sit could also casue fights.. sorry just thinking aloud...

they tend to get very territorial and fight if unneutered not sure about a 1 nuetered 1 not combination... if both neutered they can be bonded but its usually a more difficult bond to make.

thanks for that, they do say you learn something new everyday.:lol:

the best pairing for bunnys(tho rabbits can very bun to bun) is usually a netuered male and a speyed female... however there are exceptions to this and some same sex pairings are just as happy however it is best to get them neutered else at anytime they can turn on each other and fight, the problem for kermit is that he cant be neutered so it is a case of finding the right bun freind for him! x

Im gonna ring about at the weekend, i seen a wee girl that looks idea at glasgow spca, but dunno if she has been spayed, but will find out......thanks for your help guys

Im gonna ring about at the weekend, i seen a wee girl that looks idea at glasgow spca, but dunno if she has been spayed, but will find out......thanks for your help guys

just want to add a big good luck but as he is indoors i think if you dont manage to find him a freind it will still be ok as he has you xxxx

Back