• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy is off to the vets - U/D All back to normal!

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
When I went to feed the buns this morning Poppy wasn't looking at all happy, not eating, hiding in the corner etc..looks like stasis :(

Just waiting for the vets to open so I can get an appointment, I hope one of the good vets is on.

She sometimes has little episodes where she goes quite and doesn't eat but I don't think this is the same..

Will let you know what the vet says.

Last edited:
Thanks Jane, She is looking very sorry for herself, vets don't open till nine :cry:

No doubt I will get ridiculed at work for taking time off to take her :roll:

Thanks Jane, She is looking very sorry for herself, vets don't open till nine :cry:

No doubt I will get ridiculed at work for taking time off to take her :roll:

Well 'plums' to work !!

A few of my Buns have had episodes of a gassy tummy over the last few days :?

They all recovered very quickly after treatment so hopefully Poppy will too.

xx

Thanks guys...just got back...saw the good vet. He is a bit concerned about Poppy, he said her bowel was very slightly impacted but shouldn't be enough to cause her pain, he also said there were slight spurs on her teeth, again probably not enough to cause pain and he didn't was to give her a GA while she wasn't eating, but will if she doesn't improve later today

He has a listen to her chest, although he said it was clear he seemed a little concerned...so he has given her some metoclopramide to try and get her gets going, and Engemycin (he said he was concerned about pnemonia :? )

I have her home and have separated her to see if she poos. I have to go back later today if there is no improvement

So lots of poo and eating vibes please!!

No improvement yet :cry: We had one poop about a hour ago, but that was it.

Think I will ring the vet back at 3...is that giving it enough time do you think?

:(:( Come on Poppy.

It's been a few hours hasn't it. It wouldn't do any harm to ring back at 3 and see if she should go back in. Keeping everything crossed. xx

Has she had any pain relief? If not then I'd def' request some ASAP
Has she had any fluids (subcutaneous) ?
What about oral fluids ?

Sending lots of vibes

xx

Back