• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Company willing to listen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I recently discovered a company. http://www.simplyk9.co.uk/shop/index.php who I think are fantastic, and I havn't recieved my things yet!

I posted here, http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=163072Sorry Em for hijacking you thread btw.

Anyway, I made a mistake on delivery options, and 'spoke' to the Lovely Simon, who was very helpful.

I remember before Christmas quite a few people were complaining as they couldn't get hold of all the lovely things they wanted, all from one place, with reasonable postage.

So I asked Simon if the company would be willing to expand thier small animal section, maybe to include rabbit friendly litter, toys and treats.

This is the reply I recieved:-

On the subject of expanding our lines it is something we would most certainly be prepared to do. Although we are lovers of every type of animal at SimplyK9 (it is a pre-requisite of being employed here!!) our product knowledge really centres around Dog products. Having said that, we buy from exactly the same suppliers as hayexperts and various others. We can certainly buy the same products as them and we can offer them at lower prices. All we need is some feedback from the “Small Animal” community (I think that is us!!!) as to which products we should be stocking.

The reason our prices are so low is that we keep costs to an absolute minimum and, quite simply, make a small profit rather than a large one! There is no magic to it – it is just a case of only stocking products that we know will sell. For every product that is left on the shelves unsold there must be a cost increase somewhere along the line.

That’s why the community feedback would be so valuable to us and would, in return, allow the community to buy the products that they really want at a lower price than anywhere else in the market – something that is most important in the current economic climate!!

Could anyone suggest things that they would like to see on the website? Remember that compared to most places there is a huge discount compared to most place.

To keep things simple for the guys at K9, may be add (r) for rabbit, (gp) for guineapig, (c) for chinchilla etc

Sorry for the long post

Please if this is in the wrong place/inappropriate etc, let me know, but at 60% less than most places its worth investigating.

Thats really good :) Its nice someone is even willing to take the publics opinions into account :)

Surely we all buy different things though :? I mean for instance, ive just spend a fortune on the Oxbow Wetsern Timothy hay from HE :( I'll have a think and come back :D :D

EDT: Gosh louise!! Ive just looked at the site - how cheap are they?!? Guess whos off to place an order :oops::oops: I spend a fortune on that Naturals range :? And the willow balls are really cheap too *Toddles off* How much is P&P??

Last edited:
Hi all,

Simon here from SimplyK9.co.uk - Firstly, thanks for all of your lovely comments and thank you to lottielouise for posting this thread.

Thats really good :) Its nice someone is even willing to take the publics opinions into account :)

My thoughts exactly :) We have run our online store for five years and, in that time, have only grown to the level we are at by listening to our customers. After all, yours is the ONLY opinion that actually counts !!

Our focus at simplyk9.co.uk has mainly been on Dog products but we recently decided to branch out into other animals as well! We also own the domains simplyfeline.co.uk simplyrabbit.co.uk simplyequine.co.uk and simplypetworld.com - Expect these to be active soon and pointing to the simplyk9.co.uk website.

EDT: Gosh louise!! Ive just looked at the site - how cheap are they?!? Guess whos off to place an order :oops::oops: I spend a fortune on that Naturals range :? And the willow balls are really cheap too *Toddles off* How much is P&P??

Currently P&P is £2.99 flat rate but don't worry if you only want a small order. We are shortly switching to a weight based system. The new system (probably at the end of the week) will be fairer to people who are just ordering small items who don't want to be charged £2.99 for a single bag of treats!

We will, basically, ship at Royal Mail rates from the end of this week. The postage cost will therefore depend on the order weight but the store will calculate that and tell you the cost before you place the order.

So, to re-cap what Louise said : We really really need your feedback! If we are to be able to offer these kind of discounts we have to have a focused product range that accurately reflects what your needs are!

Last edited:
Quote:

Currently P&P is £2.99 flat rate but don't worry if you only want a small order. We are shortly switching to a weight based system. The new system (probably at the end of the week) will be fairer to people who are just ordering small items who don't want to be charged £2.99 for a single bag of treats!

that's great I've just had a look and this would work better for me.:D

Wow - great prices. Unfortunatly I'll still have to use Hay Experts because I can pay by Postal Order :cry:

Thanks for you input Fiona - Postal Orders/Cheques is something that is certainly worth considering - Consider the idea on the list for mentioning at the next strategy meeting (this week) :)

Quote:

that's great I've just had a look and this would work better for me.:D

Yes, that's the general feedback we are getting - There is always a balance to be struck and we can't please everyone all of the time - We will just have to try to please the majority :)

Id swap from Hay Experts if I can get those big bags (1.8kg) of Alfalfa King 'Oat, Wheat & Barley' cheaper mine adore it and I know others buy it for their buns as well!

That site is amazing, i will be putting in an oorder once ive been paid at the end of the month! i buy so much natural stuff its going to benefit me so much! :D:D:D:D

There are a few things i get from the hay experts that would be great to get a little cheaper if possible!

Thank you for the great site :D:wave:

Well after buying about 15 items, I thought 2.99 was unbelievable. Fairer system all round, to go by weight, I think.

Fudge, what would the items be, don't keep us in suspenders!!

Id swap from Hay Experts if I can get those big bags (1.8kg) of Alfalfa King 'Oat, Wheat & Barley' cheaper mine adore it and I know others buy it for their buns as well!

Mine don't like it!! they prefer the danilions and green oat from wilks, wish that came in bigger bags at a cheaper price!

Well after buying about 15 items, I thought 2.99 was unbelievable. Fairer system all round, to go by weight, I think.

Fudge, what would the items be, don't keep us in suspenders!!

Hi Louise - Yup - I'm glad that people realise that! I think your order cost us about £6 in postage ;) I am sure that everyone on here will realise that if we were to continue at that rate it wouldn't be long before the prices of the actual products had to go up! It's all about finding the right balance. We are comitted to keeping all of our product prices low - We always have been and always will!

What I CAN assure everyone is that we most certainly won't be any more expensive for P&P than our competitors and we will NOT be profiteering on P&P.

Wow what a great site prices are even better, more money to buy more stuff if you ask me :lol:, i've saved it to my favorites i no who'll i'll be using in future ;)

I think what Simon is after are ideas on how to take the small animals bit forward.

What have you seen around that you find difficult to get hold of?

I know I would like some of those springy water bottle holders as I find the bits of wire they come with impossible. Edit, oh and the water bottle insulators, esp after this cold snap.

What do you buy, thats expensive, everywhere, but you stll buy it cos the buns like it :roll:?

I think some people would like smaller bags of Readigrass. Half sacks/smaller bags of Allen and Page natural pellets

Last edited:
Hi, I echo what the others have said it is great that you are willing to listen.

Personally I like to buy things all together ... so for me, I would need shavings (although have just ordered some carefresh to try), hay and food - burgess supa rabbit excel. After another thread on here, I placed an order with the hay experts and really liked that you could buy 'sample packs' of hay. My buns dont eat lots of lots and hay and I have tried several different types over the last few months with lots wasted - so I think this idea is fab! (i haven't received the order yet though so haven't seen the actual product yet!).

At the mo, I general do most of my shopping here:
http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/Category.aspx?ParentId=981&CatId=171

it has everything I need with a few extras to tempt me (it dont take a lot!) like the beds, tunnels etc - perfect for me! (but I am always willing to change!)

Wendy

I tend to buy the natural range & toys as and when i see them so anything along these lines would be great, floppy loves alfalfa which i think is hard to get, nettles & dandelion items ;) i also buy the sprinklers from ebay which is the only place i can find them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back