• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens!!!!!!

duracell

Alpha Buck
Is there some sort of shortage, the last 4 times I have been to Asda they have had non, the farm shop had non, sainsburys had non. Morrisons had a couple of scrawny bags but the price had gone up to 99p

What is going on, my buns are not best pleased!

Yeh we have all had same prob! I had a thread about this last week! i managed to get some in morrisons yesterday!!

Me too.
Best place for has been Asda, although only if I go really early in the morning. If I go later, I can only get the sliced Spring Greens which Thumper isn't too keen on - he prefers the whole ones :roll:

Sainsburys haven't had any at all for ages.

I mentioned it to my mum who said that maybe the shortage is because it isn't spring??? And that they must be importing them? But the ones in Asda I got last week say grown in Cornwall

I'm confused.com!

I've not found any for a week or more now :(

Someone in the other thread suggested that it was to do with the freezing weather we've had, with sounds logical, I assume they are grown out in the open not under cover.

I'm hoping they are back in the shops soon though - greens are my rabbits staple evening feed :shock:

Hannah :)

As the name suggests they are specifically cultivated to grow very early in the year, so at the end of the year the supply naturally goes short and they've been selling off all the grade B stuff they have left in warehouses. You might have to switch to something else until later in the year or grow your own if you have a greenhouse.

when you say spring greens? Is it this:

731px-Collards_in_container.jpg

Collard greens, kirby goes NUTS for this, but in tescos its just labeled "greens" i think. I have noticed its hard to get sometimes, and its only 77p or something. Yet he is all like "oh... mommy romane.... again...." and 2 of them costs about £1.70 ^.^:lol:

I managed to get some yesterday from morrisons but they have gone up to
99p im sure they only used to be 79p

I buy mine from Morrisons and have been paying 99p for awhile. I get through at least 2 bags a day :(, it really varies how much is in the bags.

Im so lucky all my veggies are free :love: :love: We got alot of savoy leaves, cauli leaves and spring greens :love:

I'm paying nearly £2 a bag! That has 2/3 scrawny ones in, and I have to ration the buns to a quarter per bun every morning. :shock::shock::shock:

I found ONE bag in Waitrose on Saturday....and when I got to the counter, they charged me £2.47 !!!!! :shock: :roll:

Finally managed to buy six bags in Morrisons on Sunday and they were their normal ones. They've been in very short supply though.

yup definite shortage that I didn't notice last year. I think it might be to do with the weather.

I wonder does anybody (human) actually eat these or do you all, like me buy them specifically to feed to the rabbits?

I wonder does anybody (human) actually eat these or do you all, like me buy them specifically to feed to the rabbits?

hee, hee after reading this post I think I am lucky! My asda's always has then, been paying 79p just gone up (today) to 82p. I never eat them, always just buy them for the buns (they love them!)

Back