• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Terrified of dogs

TeddyPatches

Warren Scout
My bunny TeddyPatches is terrified of dogs. This isn't a huge problem as I don't have a dog, but if I come back from a friend's house I have to change all of my clothes and have a shower, even then it takes quite a few treats before Teddy likes me again. If I just come straight in to see him he stamps and runs away, last time he hid under the bed for about an hour whilst I showered etc.

Where he came from there were several big dogs which barked lots and from what I understand didn't like strangers! My last rabbit was fine with dogs so I can only assume that living with these barking dogs must have scared the little lad. Is there anything I can do to make him less afraid? :(

Not really sure if you'll be able to get rid of his fear of dogs after his earlier experience. I have to change my clothes and wash my hands after being with archie before i can go anywhere near ted because he just goes mad at the smell of another male. Don't really have any helpful advice sorry!

Back