• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many NIC cubes for a decent set up?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

I cant find NIC cubes at B&Q, has anyone got a link?

Do you buy them by the set/box/cube?

Thank you!

I got some yesturday at the nottingham branch. I don't know if that is close to you. I bought a couple of boxes and i've made a good set up with some cubes to spare.
Helen xx

Its for 2 buns so I think I will need two sets - weighing up options between NICS and a dog crate!

Is it going to be a permenant base or just somewhere they can call their own? A dog crate is easier as you dont have to set it all up but they would have very limited space so they would need 24 hour access to a run area. However if you need to be able to lock them away when your not in an NIC set up will give them more space and you can also make it multi-level.

Plus I like to change mine round every now and again to keep the buns occupied!

Its just for a base - they will be free range buns most of the time depending on naughtyness!

You can get them in the B and Q near me at Thornbury! I love my NIC cubes, mich better now that I have to keep them enclosed in it all day (Gretel chews absolutely everything!)

:wave: They have loads in the b&q warehouse at glasshoughton (Castleford near xscape) I've just bought my 3rd box! My 2 buns have a 2 storey run built using 2 boxes of the cubes, which will prob get extended when we move house!

i bought 2boxes after xmas at my b&q lisburn cost 22.99 each. have used 1.5 in quick attempt but when i sort out proper space in my bedroom ill have a 2storey hopefully

B&Q website said they are in stock so I called them and asked them if they are in and where they are located. Should be near all the shelves and wicker boxes/laundry bins.

My dog crate is 46" and cost me £20 second hand. It's great for the free range buns llike Stitch was but TBH I have now favoured the NIC cubs and depending on what disability my next bun has will most likely end up setting up the cubes.

I think a good enclosure can be made with 1.5 boxes :roll: It's always good to have some spare. I found one box wasn't enough for Arnie's climbing frame.

Our B&Q had loads in :roll:

Oh not sure if you know already but you will need cable ties to secure it all, and think it out before putting together as taking apart is a pain in the :censored:

you get 24 14in x14 in squares in a box i used one and half boxes for my two had to take apart doc and beths one as no matter what i did he escaped and hes much happier in is old cage and free range in the kitchen 22 pounds for 24 in b&q ring first and remember to take the code if you go in, thick as anything and stare atyou like an alien when you describe it

Back