• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've built it!!

H Maughan

Mama Doe
Here's my first attempt at making a enclosure out of NIC grids! What do you all think?
SDC10316.jpg

SDC10317-1.jpg

SDC10317.jpg

Helen xx

Its a working progress. So its not entirely finished! I think it will be big enough for him on a night and when he needs to be out of the way. Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow!
Helen xx

looks really good :) I'd put something a bit thicker than a blanket on the level though, to give bun something harder to stand on to prevent hiss feet slipping through the grids, and to make sure it doesn't slip off when he jumps up and down :) I used carpet in mine, and had to use cable ties to hold it on as it kept slipping off.
Also, I'd pull it away from the wall a tiny bit, so you can add another two grids, as he will be able to jump onto the window sill from the level :)

Last edited:
I'll get something more sturdy on there in the next few days. It's the best i could to in less than 48 hours. I expect he might not feel adventurous enough to jump up the level.
Helen xx

fantastic -i built mine few wks ago only temp til i clear out my room. love the way yours is set out. gives me ideas

Its a working progress. So its not entirely finished! I think it will be big enough for him on a night and when he needs to be out of the way. Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow!
Helen xx

Hiya, just saw this thread of yours and wanted to ask, where you got the grids from and how much you needed etc. Like how many pieces come in one pack and how many packs you used. :)

Dillan moved in yesturday i have some pics of him on another thread. I've since got a think rug to protect my carpet. he has loads of willow things and hay to munch on so i'm hoping he won't try and get at the skirting board and my wardrobe. I'm going to get some thick cardboard to go around the sides.
H'e settled in really well though. I'll probably get him a nice bed to go in his little den and maybe a few other bits.
I bought the grids from b&q. Here's a link http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n..._search=mesh+cube&selected=products&x=43&y=16
I bought 2 lots and had plenty to spare. Might make myself a little shoe rack with whats left. its a lot better than the teeny weeny £65 cage i was shown at the petshop. He'd have had his bum stuck out of it!
Helen xx

Back