• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehoming foster piggies

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
I have four new piggies coming this week who i am fostering until i can find new homes for them. This is a first for me and wondered if anyone has any advice to give regarding rehoming them.

I am going to advertise them on my local vets notice board and take it from there. I'm not sure how to word it,any ideas?

How can i put an advert on here? I can't seem to post in the rescue section.

I'm going to try and do homechecks or at least photo evidence of hutches etc

I don't think g pigs should be in hutches any smaller than 5ft x 2ft am i asking too much?

Is there anywhere i can get good care advice leaflets to hand out new owners, when i adopted buns from ARC i got a load of really good leaflets.

any advice much appreciated as i want to get it right! xx

I am sure that Janice at ARC could tell you what she rehomes their piggies to and may have a leaflet for guidance that she could show you.

You need to be a moderator or rescue person (such as Janice) to put up animals in the 'Rabbits in Need' section.

If you give me some info too, I will pass it around and could put a poster up in our vets too.

I have only just taken in my first piggy so can't offer you any help on what to ask as a minimum requirement but I think that a 4 or 5ft hutch for a pair would be acceptable. The bigger the better, but I wouldn't necessarily say no to someone who had a 4fter if they were likely to be good piggy people.

I guess that a homecheck would be pretty much the same as for a pair of rabbits but without the vaccine information.

Helen :D

Are you fostering them for a rescue or are they some you have just taken in. As the rescue will have all there necessary requirements and the adoption papers that will be given to the new owners:D

Are you fostering them for a rescue or are they some you have just taken in. As the rescue will have all there necessary requirements and the adoption papers that will be given to the new owners:D

They are ones i am taking from an overful rescue that is changing to sanctuary! The rehoming is going to be down to me!

I fostered some piggies,But ive still got them,i couldnt let them go:)

I know i've been worrying about that happening!! I have the space to keep them but think it would be better to have piggies in and out. There are no guinea pig rescues around here. I know a lot of people just go to the local garden centre to get there buns and pigs!:(

I am sure that Janice at ARC could tell you what she rehomes their piggies to and may have a leaflet for guidance that she could show you.

You need to be a moderator or rescue person (such as Janice) to put up animals in the 'Rabbits in Need' section.

If you give me some info too, I will pass it around and could put a poster up in our vets too.

I have only just taken in my first piggy so can't offer you any help on what to ask as a minimum requirement but I think that a 4 or 5ft hutch for a pair would be acceptable. The bigger the better, but I wouldn't necessarily say no to someone who had a 4fter if they were likely to be good piggy people.

I guess that a homecheck would be pretty much the same as for a pair of rabbits but without the vaccine information.

Helen :D

Yeah i thought they may have some piggie leaflets but they are hard to get hold those arc lot!! i do understand they are very busy!!:oops:

If you could put a notice up it would be great! i'll let you know when they are ready! I'm still worried i will just want to keep them!

Back