• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sophie...funny noise..

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Some of you may remember i posted about something coming out of sophies nose? like a snot....
Well today she is sounding really funny. :? i really don't know how to explain it, its more when i pick her up its like shes got a cold... and a grunty noise through her nose. I put her down and listened and it was quiet for a while its like when she tries to sniff it makes a noise... she also done what was like another sneeze. I have checked her paws and they are fine, nothing on them. I am so confused...

What am i doing wrong ...seriously :cry::cry:.. i think i have posted about every rabbit in the last couple of months....:cry::cry::cry::cry:..........

Firstly, your not doing anything wrong Hayley, so dont ever question your bunny mummy ability. Your brilliant with your bunnies, its just sometimes these things all seem to happen all at once.

It could be a touch of snuffles (pasteurella). If this is the case, then a few weeks on baytril should do the trick. In my experience i have found they need at least two courses to clear it up.
Along with that, try putting some olbas oil on cotton wool and hold it to her nose, it will help clear her nose and help her breathe easily. Kareen also advised me, when Giles had problems, to run a hot bath/shower and pop him in a carrier to soak up the steam.

If it is just the start, which it sounds like as she has not started having a lot of discharge, then it will be easier to cure.

Chin up hun, your doing an excelent job with all your bunnies. I know it is so so draining, but it will get better xxxx

Firstly, your not doing anything wrong Hayley, so dont ever question your bunny mummy ability. Your brilliant with your bunnies, its just sometimes these things all seem to happen all at once.

It could be a touch of snuffles (pasteurella). If this is the case, then a few weeks on baytril should do the trick. In my experience i have found they need at least two courses to clear it up.
Along with that, try putting some olbas oil on cotton wool and hold it to her nose, it will help clear her nose and help her breathe easily. Kareen also advised me, when Giles had problems, to run a hot bath/shower and pop him in a carrier to soak up the steam.

If it is just the start, which it sounds like as she has not started having a lot of discharge, then it will be easier to cure.

Chin up hun, your doing an excelent job with all your bunnies. I know it is so so draining, but it will get better xxxx

Thank you Sharon.. Will she be ok until i can get her to the vet tomorrow? or is it best to take her today, i think i have a little baytril i could give her as pringles still on it but not sure how much is left.
Where would i get olbas oil? dont think i have ever heard of it :?(me stupid).
Might try puting her in a carrier while im in the shower :).. see if that helps her any.

Thanks Sharon.. you have been a great support to me lately, i just cant see the end of this horrid tunnel yet :(.. xx

She will be fine until tomorrow hun :D. It may not be snuffles, just better to get it checked out. I would not worry about giving her baytril today, just encase the vet has a different opinion ;).

Olbas oil you will get at any chemist, its a eucalyptis (sp) liquid good for when humans have colds, but its good for bunnies too, just dont put it right on her nose, just hold it near. It wont do any harm at all, i used to give it to Giles a few times a day, he quite liked the smell.

The tunnel will come to an end soon hun, i promise it will. You have always been an incredible support to me, im just happy to repay the favour in some small way.

Ok Sharon, thank you, i will try and get some of that and will book her in the vet for tomorrow morning.. thank you again xx

Back